News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

cat personality changes

Started by Listener, August 21, 2006, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Ever since we brought home the new baby, we have observed the following personality changes in our cats.

Truffle:  used to be skittish, only sat with me and only on occasion.  Now sits on my lap, cuddles with my wife, gets close to the baby (lays within one foot of her, closer if I'm holding the baby and the cat sleeps on my lap).

Tuesday:  used to flop onto her side next to me, just out of reach, and expect me to pet her.  Now she flops on the floor, or sleeps under the coffee table.  Still sheds EVERYWHERE.  You can't pet this cat without a handful of fur and dander.  Also I think she's a stress eater.

Linus:  has usurped Truffle's spot on top of the cat tower.  Still meows loudly, still chases Truffle (who hates him), but no longer sleeps on my wife.

Margot:  Practically lives in the upstairs hallway.  Only comes down to eat, drink, and poop.  Doesn't let me pet her (not that she ever really did).  Doesn't snuggle with my wife anymore.

Not the behavior changes I was really expecting, I guess.  If anything, I expected Tuesday and Linus to get closer to the kid, and Truffle to hide.  I guess once Truffle realized we didn't bring home another animal, she was like, "okay, I can handle this."

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bennyhana

I was going to jump in and argue here, but I realized that I'm also a dog person.  Thankfully, my cat is a very doglike cat.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

I love kitties, too.  Except I'm not particularly fond of Ping at the moment.  Of course, it's not her fault. It's Grumpus's.  Brush your damn cat, Grumpus!