News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Prince

Started by cnamon, July 27, 2006, 12:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I love him so much.

eo000

did you see he's getting another divorce?

cnamon

Quote from: eo000 on July 27, 2006, 01:02:17 PM
Yep.  I was watching him on TV the other night and he still looks good and sounds wonderful.  He is just below Tom Jones in my book.

BigDun

Quote from: Dottie Lou on July 27, 2006, 01:05:06 PM
Quote from: eo000 on July 27, 2006, 01:02:17 PM
Yep.  I was watching him on TV the other night and he still looks good and sounds wonderful.  He is just below Tom Jones in my book.
If by below you mean 12" shorter, then yes, he is below Tom Jones.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

HELIX

i saw him perform and it was one of the worst concerts ever.  he sampled songs and the concert was way too short for the ticket price.  i do like his music though (i guess i wouldn't have gone to the concert if i didn't).
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

JJ

I don't respect Prince very much.

I've seen his stuff and it just never moved me. He is good at what he does, but it doesn't have much emotional impact for me.

Which reminds me of this one time, I went to see a buddy's band play (I used to be in a band with buddy and hadn't seen him for a few years). So buddy and I are talking and some kid comes up and buddy's like "yeah this is so and so, this is J" and the topic was music and it quickly drifted to funk. This kid says "yeah I love funk. I play funk with my band blah blah" and so I ask "What kind of funk?"

"Prince...Red Hot Chili Peppers..."

I pretty much lost my cool when he said Prince. Prince is not really funk! He came second generation and lifted some funk sounds and grooves for his sound, but he is not a pioneer or producer of heavy funk. He's poppy and gay and faggy and homoey. I don't mind some of his stuff, but it's very airy and fartsy and frilly sounding.

BigDun

The album 1999 came out my my senior year in high school and was the defining music for me and my friends. If a song from that album comes on in a club, I will be on the dance floor.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

JJ

I just uploaded a song to ang.hody that is pretty funky.

Brick - Dazz

check it out

JJ

Quote from: BigDun on November 10, 2006, 09:14:04 PM
The album 1999 came out my my senior year in high school and was the defining music for me and my friends. If a song from that album comes on in a club, I will be on the dance floor.

I feel the same way about MC Hammer and House of Pain.

Kind of.

HELIX

sorry JJ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk
wikipedia knows all.  it is never wrong.  link and ctrl f prince.
i never would have thought it either.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

HELIX

house of pain is sitting in my visor right now.  nothing like irish rappers.

Alice

Quote from: HELIX on November 10, 2006, 09:25:00 PM
house of pain is sitting in my visor right now.  nothing like irish rappers.
:heart: House of Pain.