News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

charles

Started by nishi, July 14, 2006, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

charles "question mark" browndog.
AKA "ol' buildin' and loan pal" (from the happy drunken scene in "it's a wonderful life" where a drunken george bailey and uncle billy are celebrating saving the bank).

born: sometime in 1995, give or take; died: july 13, 2006

despite unknown origins, horrible adversity and extreme physical conditions in early life, charles was a happy, friendly and extremely charming fellow; he never met a stranger. some suggested that this was due to his not actually remembering whether or not he had ever met you, but this theory was never proved or disproved. while notably handsome, he seemed to have been given the ears that were supposed to belong to some other dog. when viewed from the back, he always appeared to be wearing well-fitting biking shorts.

due to his good-natured approach to life and his dedication to green bay football, he once took a road trip to lambeau field, where he attended the traditional pre-game packers tailgate party, chatted with other pack fans, consumed a large number of brats, probably some beer, and proudly sported a cheesehead.

his more well-known impersonations included a shar pei, an aged washerwoman, a grizzly bear, billy idol and queen victoria. with costuming - as seen above, following eye surgery - he could also impersonate a beautiful and gentle flower.

he delighted in making new friends and was particularly proud of one of his friends from camp. he requested that we not mention the oversized head of his friend in casual conversation; charles worried that he might be sensitive about it.

he was famous in some circles for wagging his tail under any circumstance. in non-clinical trials, it was demonstrated that he could actually wag the final 1 inch tip of his tail, even while the bulk of his tail was gently immobilized.

he was once the subject of a small art installation - various oversized punctuation marks were displayed over his head in "thought bubble" style, leading to the adoption of one of his many sobriquets.

despite having some of the largest teeth ever seen on a dog of his size, and despite coming from fighting stock in at least 2 extended branches of his family - shar pei and rhodesian ridgeback - he was a gentle soul, almost always happy, almost always smiling, affectionate and kind. late in life, he developed complications due a long history of seizures and probably related to very early extreme physical trauma. despite some bad moments due to this brain condition, he was a very loving companion and good friend to all until the end of his life.

he will be missed by family and friends.

he was a good, good dog.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

dazie

:dog:

I'm sorry to learn of his passing. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Aw sweetie, I am sorry.  :(

DownSouth

I'm so sorry nishi.  R.I.P.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

He was a good boy.

I'm so sorry.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

You've got me crying a bit at work. :(  I'm glad that you had Charles in your life and gave him a happy life... so many dogs don't get that chance.  So many dogs don't have a chance to have an owner like you that cares so much for them.  I'm sure he's missing you right now as much as you're missing him.  :) 

Bruce is going to get an extra good treat tonight in Charles' memory. 

Much love, Nishi. 

Gamplayerx

So very sorry, Nishi.  Sleep well, Charles.

nallen

awwww....poor Charles.   So misunderstood by his kin, but so wanting to be accepted.  He just wanted to fit in but didn't know how.  It really made him an endearing character.   I'm so very sorry for you Nishi.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

Bishamonten

I'm sorry to hear this, Duck.  I hope you can find your way to think of only the happiness Charlie brought into your life instead of the sadness of his passing. 

Reverend Al Green

Oh, Charles.  You will be missed.  I would never say this in front of the others, but you were my favorite.  My favorite Underdog. I will miss your sweet furrowed brow.  RIP boy.

I  am very sorry for your loss Carol.  What a lovely eulogy.

nishi

thank you to everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

i wish i had a copy of that picture of him wearing that cheesehead. many dogs would only barely tolerate it, but really - his face; it was obviously a crowning moment of glory. he was that kind of a guy.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

I am so sorry to hear...I am glad that he had such an awesome mom that cared for him.  Alice, give Bruce an extra snack from me in Charles' honor, too :)

nishi

all dogs should get extra snacks tonight in honor of charles! he would have liked that.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

I'm giving Dudley an enormous hug tonight.  I will not do well when he passes.

As always, Carol, your grace and class humble me.  My sincere condolences and best wishes.

BigDun

I'm giving all my dogs extra treats tonight in honor of Charles' memory.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

eo000

DownSouth

I gave Midnight an extra walk and a treat.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!