News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

I want a cat.

Started by Reverend Al Green, June 27, 2006, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Al Green

My cat Chewie (my avatar), died in May.  I really miss having a cat, and have little fantasies of finding another Chewie at the shelter.  Should I wait to get another until I stop missing him so much?   Or is it better to have another pet to focus on to help you get over the loss?   

Jessie

I think having a kitten helps everything.

How can you be sad with a kitten in the house?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

When my awesome Sparky died, I was determined to wait a year before getting another cat. But the house just was missing something.  So we went to the pound to pick out a very non-Sparky cat.  But instead, I came home with another tuxedo cat.  And another cat for Grumpus (who looks quite a lot like your departed feline friend), just for shits and giggles (turns out, it was mostly for shits, giggles and vomit - but we didn't know that at the time).  And even though it was only 3 months later, it turned out to be a fantastic decision.  Except for the shit and vomit.  And it's Grumpus's cat who does that.  Mine just brings the giggles.

dc

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 27, 2006, 07:50:41 PM
When my awesome Sparky died, I was determined to wait a year before getting another cat. But the house just was missing something.  So we went to the pound to pick out a very non-Sparky cat.  But instead, I came home with another tuxedo cat.  And another cat for Grumpus (who looks quite a lot like your departed feline friend), just for shits and giggles (turns out, it was mostly for shits, giggles and vomit - but we didn't know that at the time).  And even though it was only 3 months later, it turned out to be a fantastic decision.  Except for the shit and vomit.  And it's Grumpus's cat who does that.  Mine just brings the giggles.

Grumpus looks like that avatar?

Gamplayerx

Whoops.  Awkward sentence structure.  Ping looks like that avatar.  Grumpus looks like William Kennedy Smith or Steve Case.  But less criminal and less rich, respectively.

Jessie

So he IS as rich as a Kennedy?

Su-weet!

dc

I still don't want a cat -- they make me sneeze (and don't get along with squirrels).  I'm not even sure about a dog at the moment.  It's been over a year since the last one passed away, and I'm not sure about another one yet.

Gamplayerx

I can't imagine what fun the dog owners are having with all this rain.

Reverend Al Green

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 27, 2006, 07:55:44 PM
Whoops.  Awkward sentence structure.  Ping looks like that avatar.  Grumpus looks like William Kennedy Smith or Steve Case.  But less criminal and less rich, respectively.

I'm confused.  Is Grumpus feline or human? 

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Reverend Al Green on June 27, 2006, 08:10:37 PM

He's most decidedly human.  Grumpus is my husband.  Ping (the throwuppy cat) and Pong (the awesome monkey cat) are feline.

Jessie

hahahhaha

Reverend Al Green

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 27, 2006, 08:19:20 PM

He's most decidedly human.  Grumpus is my husband.  Ping (the throwuppy cat) and Pong (the awesome monkey cat) are feline.

Oh my.  My apologies for mistaking your husband for a cat.  I need some kind of cheat code that will fill me in on such things.

Beefy

What about...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gamplayerx

Laugh it up, BatShiatCrazy Jessie. Grumpus is gonna twack ya.

No worries, RAG.  Mind if I call you RAG?  

And just for the aww! factor (shut up all you people who've seen this picture before), Ping and Pong when they were kittens.

Jessie

Reverend Al Green

Quote from: Crom! on June 27, 2006, 08:29:16 PM
What about...

Thanks a lot.  I won't be able to sleep tonight now.  Why is his torso so impossibly smooth and slug-like?  Does he never leave his cage?

Reverend Al Green

Awww.  Ping and Pong are adorable!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on June 27, 2006, 08:32:39 PM
Ginormous.
Is it?  Sorry.  I have a really huge monitor.  I sometimes forget about the less well-endowed.

Quote from: Reverend Al Green on June 27, 2006, 08:35:04 PM
Awww. Ping and Pong are adorable!
They sure were.  Now they actually are ginormous.  But still funny.

Bennyhana

I'm confused.  Is Grumpus classified as human? 

Negative.  He is a meat popsicle.

nishi

you can have mr. buddycat!

*long silence*

everyone wants mr. buddycat until they live with him.

i do know what you mean. there is a certain 'kitty presence' in the house that makes a difference. of course, missing that is how i ended up with spazztard mr. buddycat, so there's your cautionary tale.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

cats suck balls.  dogs are where iss at bitchees!

eo000

Quote from: Alice on June 28, 2006, 12:37:14 AM
cats suck balls.  dogs are where iss at bitchees!

please be the start to another drunk alice day, please be the start to another drunk alice day, please be the start to another drunk alice day!

dazie

You can have either of my cats.  Wretched creatures.

Do you all remember the story of the mouse in my boot when we lived in NV?  Well, neither of the cats nor any of the three dogs did anything about it.

Last night I was in the kitchen and a mouse ran across the counter!  It went and hid behind a picture I have on the end of the counter, and when I went to trap it in a bowl, IT WAS GONE.  (the mouse, not the bowl or the picture)  WTF?  I still have the two cats!  Why was there a mouse on my counter and where did it go??

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

You must have union cats.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

The little cat DID bring a present the other night- a live bird which she dropped in my bedroom.  It immediately flopped it's way into the bookshelf, and Ursus stood there going "How am I supposed to catch it? How am I supposed to catch it?" while I grabbed Amelia to keep her from grabbing the bird again. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?