News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

I know this should be easy

Started by Jessie, June 01, 2006, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

But I'm having a mental meltdown or something.

I need to make a line graph out of the following data:

Year    Total Revenue    Basis   Change
2001    $7,597,414    actual   
2002    $8,677,493    actual   14.22%
2003    $9,852,952    actual   13.55%
2004    $11,671,554    actual   18.46%
2005    $15,605,212    actual   33.70%
2006    $21,005,429    budget   34.61%

Well, I guess I need two graphs.  I've got the first one, but I'm not totally happy with the look.

I need to show revenue by year, which I've done in a bar graph.

I'd also like to have a line graph that shows the growth of the company.

Would it be appropriate to have a line graph with (x) being the years and (y) being the percentages?  I'd like to have the years going across the bottom under the ... crap I can't even explain this. 

I've never had any need to do charts in excel, and because of that, I apparently suck at it.

Help me, someone?

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Jessie

I guess I can't upload xls files.  Crap.  Screenshot:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beefy

They're offering a 3 disc Excel training course for free here at JSC.  I am so taking them up on it.

Which helps you NONE.

Jessie

Is it open to outsiders, or just NASA?  I wonder if I could get the company to fly me out for that.

Here's a challenge:

All of you find me some relevant training in your area so I can visit you all on the company dime.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on June 01, 2006, 12:26:32 PM
Is it open to outsiders, or just NASA?  I wonder if I could get the company to fly me out for that.

Here's a challenge:

All of you find me some relevant training in your area so I can visit you all on the company dime.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on June 01, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

Here's a challenge:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh puhleeze, if you tried anything she'd kick your ass in a heartbeat, hippie.   ;D

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on June 01, 2006, 12:29:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on June 01, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

Here's a challenge:

Oh puhleeze, if you tried anything she'd kick your ass in a heartbeat, hippie.   ;D

means to an end my friend, means to an end.    who whouldnt want to get roughed up by a redhead??!!??
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

I suck at making graphs and stuff in Excel.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

How's this look?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

You just need to click on "Insert" then "Charts".

You'll get a 2 tab option box.  Click on "Custom Types", then "Line - Column on 2 Axes". 

Then click "Next".

You'll get another 2 tab option box.  Click on "Series".

There should be a box to the left that says "year" then "change" then "revenue" - or whatever lables you have.  Highlight "year" and click remove.

Underneath that should say "Category (X) axis labels".  Click on the box to the right of the long blank white box.  It should minimize everything so that you can see your spreadsheet.

Highlight all of your years, except for the word "year" at the top. 

A formula will appear in the minimized box... click on the grey box directly to the right of the formula.

Click "Next" two more times, then finish.

Jessie

You guys are life savers.  Thanks!

Mr. Ubiquity

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Infobahn

Excel is like the human brain; no one knows how to use more than 3% of it.

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Gamplayerx

WileE

Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."