News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Imogen Heap

Started by pumpkineye, March 10, 2006, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Quote from: dlightful on May 11, 2006, 07:41:46 PM
Actually, I go more for the sizurp these days, and usually oxycotton more than xanex.
You can have cnamons I bet.  She doesn't like hers.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on March 12, 2006, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2006, 07:58:53 PM
This song is making my doggie cock his head and stare at my laptop with extreme puzzlement.

You said Doggie Cock!

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 12, 2006, 10:41:55 AM
Quote from: Vikingjuice on March 12, 2006, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on March 10, 2006, 07:58:53 PM
This song is making my doggie cock his head and stare at my laptop with extreme puzzlement.

You said Doggie Cock!

Nice red x, dick.

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Miss Molly

swolt

I can't get daniel on the phone (I think his battery died) but I went to lunch with the beebs today and she invited me to come. So since the beebs and Molly will be there, so shall I.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

swolt

worst. concert. evar.

Alice

swolt

Quote from: Alice on May 14, 2006, 09:57:27 AM
Quote from: swolt on May 14, 2006, 03:26:38 AM
worst. concert. evar.
As bad as Roofi?

I don't know what Roofi is, but I DO know that this should not have been labeled a "concert".

Daniel and Molly might have enjoyed it, and several people said it got better, but I stayed as long as I could and then left. I did have lots of fun on Bourdon so the night wasn't a total loss.
Maybe I would have liked it but I was so pissed off by the time they started the show almost TWO hours late, plus there was no A/C so I was hot, tired, and packed into a very small room.

So it was either a bad concert or I'm just a whiney little bitch.

Beefy

Quote from: swolt on May 14, 2006, 11:49:44 AM
Quote from: Alice on May 14, 2006, 09:57:27 AM
Quote from: swolt on May 14, 2006, 03:26:38 AM
worst. concert. evar.
As bad as Roofi?

I don't know what Roofi is, but I DO know that this should not have been labeled a "concert".

Daniel and Molly might have enjoyed it, and several people said it got better, but I stayed as long as I could and then left. I did have lots of fun on Bourdon so the night wasn't a total loss.
Maybe I would have liked it but I was so pissed off by the time they started the show almost TWO hours late, plus there was no A/C so I was hot, tired, and packed into a very small room.

So it was either a bad concert or I'm just a whiney little bitch.

I would have left too.  I hate that shiat.  It shows a real disrespect for the audience.

Miss Molly

The deal was this:

They waited so long to start the show because "there were still a lot of people outside waiting to get in" at the time it was supposed to have started. 

Stupidest reason ever.  If you can't show up on time to something, that's your loss, not everybody else's. 

It would have been an OK show.  But the opening act, Zoe Keating, was a cellist.  A motherfucking cellist.  She supposedly did some really cool layering/syncing/whatever high tech stuff, but after the first piece her equipment malfunctioned so it was just a fucking cello playing to a hot, drinking/drunk audience who couldn't even move there were so many people packed into this place. 

Seriously, I think I nodded off several times.  It was pretty music, but more suited to listening to after someone has dumped you or you've popped a Xanex and are trying to fall asleep.  Isn't the point of an opener to PUMP UP the crowd, not put them to sleep???? 

By the time Imogen actually came on, I was DONE.  My feet and back were KILLING me from being stationary for 2 fucking hours and I was hot and sticky and really sick of the obnoxious jackass bitches standing next to me who wouldn't shut up and stop bumping into me.  I only lasted maybe 5 songs into the set. 

Rating?  Not worth the $16.50.

Beefy

Quote from: dlightful on May 16, 2006, 09:32:16 AM
the circumstances were thorny, only the strong survived.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, but I am of the opinion that you don't pay the ridiculous ticket prices (and extraneous service charges) to have a thorny experience.  It is the responsibility of both the artist and the venue to help ensure that your evening is anything but.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on May 16, 2006, 09:35:50 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, but I am of the opinion that you don't pay the ridiculous ticket prices (and extraneous service charges) to have a thorny experience.  It is the responsibility of both the artist and the venue to help ensure that your evening is anything but.

Of course, I concede that this is hopelessly idealistic, as the ideals of customer service and personal responsibility are slowly being stomped into their grave by our exceedingly selfish and lazy society.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on May 16, 2006, 09:49:07 AM
Quote from: Beefy on May 16, 2006, 09:35:50 AM

Of course, I concede that this is hopelessly idealistic, as the ideals of customer service and personal responsibility are slowly being stomped into their grave by our exceedingly selfish and lazy society.

Since I've worked in customer service for so long I have lots of grace for other people in customer service. I very rarely get upset over something like that.
But this was very different. There seemed to be this whole "fuck you" attitude starting with the bouncer and going all the way to the performers.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, Daniel.

cnamon

Where was the concert?

Alice

I'm leaving in 15 to go see her tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed that my experience is better than the poor NOLA folks.

dazie

Fingers crossed.

I found one "review" of her concert here the other night: 

This really happened.
Imogene left a Heap of fecal matter on the toilet lid downstairs in Liberty Hall. I sniffed it. It was definitely Scottish.

So.  There you have it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?