News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Talk about grasping at straws...

Started by Beefy, February 14, 2006, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dc

Maybe if they had done it 15 years ago...  I'll probably still listen to it and hope they've left the later bullshit behind, but I don't have much hope.

dc

However, not only are *they* grasping at straws, but I see that Ronnie James Dio is providing "character" vocals as Dr. X.  Now he's grasping at the same straw.

Alice

I used to pronounce it Queen's-synch-rah. 

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on February 15, 2006, 09:42:25 AM
You mean that's not how it's pronounced?

Alice

Quote from: ReBurn on February 15, 2006, 09:47:28 AM
No.  It's pronounced Queen-lahtie-fah.

Did you honestly not know that???

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on February 15, 2006, 09:51:08 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on February 15, 2006, 09:47:28 AM
No.  It's pronounced Queen-lahtie-fah.

Did you honestly not know that???
All I can say is that it's good you were here to tell me.  I'm going to be able to upgrade my coolness modifier to +10 with this tidbit of information.

Beefy

Quote from: dc on February 14, 2006, 08:56:04 PM
However, not only are *they* grasping at straws, but I see that Ronnie James Dio is providing "character" vocals as Dr. X.  Now he's grasping at the same straw.

Was there ever a place where they actually put down the full story of what happen with part 1?  I always found the story to be lyrically convoluted.  There was a nun, some love, some bad guys, and maybe a revolution.

If Ronnie James bursts into Rainbow in the Dark, it could be amusing.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on February 15, 2006, 10:56:40 AM

Was there ever a place where they actually put down the full story of what happen with part 1?  I always found the story to be lyrically convoluted.  There was a nun, some love, some bad guys, and maybe a revolution.

I think it was somewhere in liner notes.  Maybe on the video release they did for it.  I know that they explained it reasonably well in their shows.

I'd prefer Holy Diver for comical purposes.

Beefy

Quote from: dc on February 15, 2006, 11:01:14 AM
Quote from: Beefy on February 15, 2006, 10:56:40 AM

I think it was somewhere in liner notes.  Maybe on the video release they did for it.  I know that they explained it reasonably well in their shows.

I'd prefer Holy Diver for comical purposes.

I saw them do Mindcrime front-to-back on the Empire tour.  Also printed out the lyrics back in the day.  I guess I never 'got it'.  Granted, I was probably just banging my head and thrusting my fists in the air at the time.

/mullet

Beefy

Hey dc

I got a copy of Mindcrime 2.  I can throw it in the dump this weekend if ya want.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on March 17, 2006, 08:07:56 PM
Hey dc

I got a copy of Mindcrime 2.  I can throw it in the dump this weekend if ya want.

This early?

Sure!  I'd appreciate that.

Beefy

dc

Quote from: Beefy on March 18, 2006, 09:06:26 AM
Quote from: dc on March 17, 2006, 10:34:43 PM
This early?

I have friends with dubious ethics.

Wait a second, I get it....  This is all just a trick.  You're just going to rename a bunch of cheesy '80's songs to give me nasty flashbacks!

Beefy

Quote from: dc on March 18, 2006, 09:58:44 AM
Quote from: Beefy on March 18, 2006, 09:06:26 AM
Quote from: dc on March 17, 2006, 10:34:43 PM
This early?

I have friends with dubious ethics.

Wait a second, I get it....  This is all just a trick.  You're just going to rename a bunch of cheesy '80's songs to give me nasty flashbacks!

You may wish that was the case after you hear this.

Actually, it's not that bad.  I just don't think it's that good, either.

The first six tracks are in the dump already.  More to come.

Beefy

Eek, sorry dc.  I got sidetracked by shiny things the rest of this weekend.  I'll try and remember to continue putting more in the Dump when I get home tonight.

Beefy

Tracks 7 to 12 are there now as well.  Still more to come.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on March 19, 2006, 08:45:58 PM
Tracks 7 to 12 are there now as well.  Still more to come.

I'm listening to it now....  A bit uneven, I think.  But maybe not as bad as I expected.  Thanks so far!

Beefy

CRAP.  Forgot again.  Five more tracks to go.  May have to wait for tomorrow night, though.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on March 23, 2006, 07:39:33 PM
CRAP.  Forgot again.  Five more tracks to go.  May have to wait for tomorrow night, though.

That's OK.  I'll wait on the edge of my chair, hoping that Ronnie James Dio gets another duet.....

VikingJuice

Wow.  I haven't been this uninspired since SWEPI.  Good Lord, what a hunk of shit this CD was!!!  If I had paid to hear that, I'd have been pissed and would have wanted to kick my own ass!! 

Worst........ Mindcrime................. EVER!!!!

That reminds me of a joke that ESPN once did:
What's the best golf movie ever..................Caddyshack!
What's the WORST golf movie ever.......................................Caddyshack II!

Beefy

Tracks 13-17 are there now.  The end.