News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

ringtones

Started by Listener, February 13, 2006, 01:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

My wife bought a Razr V3 on Thursday.  Yesterday I made her some ringtones, including:

Stewie saying "Blast!"
"That Guy" (Peter's Mary Tyler Moore thing)
"I want to have Intercourse with you (hmm uhh yeah) intercourse with you (relations!)" - that one's mine

Someday I'm going to get my hands on that phone and put "Shipoopi" on it, because she is freakin' SICK of that song.

Infobahn

Listener

Quote from: Infobahn on February 13, 2006, 01:47:08 PM
wav?

They're on my other computer.  I edited some of them myself out of longer MP3s that I'd downloaded in the past.

I may remember later to post them.

Alice

Alice

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function wfGetMainCache() in /usr/local/apache/common-local/php-1.5/includes/Setup.php on line 111

Infobahn

Wikipedia is working on their databases right now. (Assuming that's where the error code came from)

Beefy

Peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat!

Jessie

My phone can hook up to the computer via usb, but i dont have the cable.  I asked for it once and the dude at the phone store said they didn't make them.

WTF?  WHy have the spot for it then??
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on February 13, 2006, 07:41:33 PM
My phone can hook up to the computer via usb, but i dont have the cable.  I asked for it once and the dude at the phone store said they didn't make them.

There are a lot of phones with a lot of different data ports.  It wouldn't be cost-effective to stock all the cables.

My wife's Razr uses a simple mini-USB port, so I just used the cable from our digital camera.

Jessie

Quote from: Listener on February 13, 2006, 07:43:23 PM

There are a lot of phones with a lot of different data ports.  It wouldn't be cost-effective to stock all the cables.

My wife's Razr uses a simple mini-USB port, so I just used the cable from our digital camera.
That works for mine, too, I guess.  It fits.  I assume that I need some sort of software to do anything  with it, though.  The camera dude didn't seem to know.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on February 13, 2006, 07:48:19 PM
Quote from: Listener on February 13, 2006, 07:43:23 PM

That works for mine, too, I guess.  It fits.  I assume that I need some sort of software to do anything  with it, though.  The camera dude didn't seem to know.

Do you have a Razr?  And if so, are you a customer of either TMobile or Cingular?  If the answer is yes, go to hellomoto.com and you can get the software to make the phone talk to the computer.  But it's $30.

Jessie

I have a Motorola v220.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on February 13, 2006, 09:32:34 PM
I have a Motorola v220.

Hm.  Well, if you already have the phone-to-usb cable, you should be able to buy the software from hellomoto.com.

BigDun

I have the MotoTools software. It's really hard to install in the right order but I'll gmail it to you if you want it.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

My phone can hook up to the computer via usb, but i dont have the cable. I asked for it once and the dude at the phone store said they didn't make them.

WTF? WHy have the spot for it then??
You can usually get USB cables for cheap on eBay.  I think I paid 8 bucks for mine, including shipping.  But I have an audiovox phone.  And it can't play mp3's because it's the Alltel version.  The Verizon version plays mp3's, but the Alltel one can't.  Blast!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on February 13, 2006, 11:44:46 PM
I have the MotoTools software. It's really hard to install in the right order but I'll gmail it to you if you want it.
Sweet!  Thanks!

Bennyhana

The phone companies want to cripple the cool shit phones are capable of so you'll pay for more services or more expensive phones.

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 14, 2006, 12:18:52 PM

The phone companies want to cripple the cool shit phones are capable of so you'll pay for more services or more expensive phones.

Exactly.

If you get your hands on a $30 piece of software and a $10 cable, that's 13 ringtones at the price cingular.com sells them for these days.  And you can get as many ringtones as you want by ripping your own CDs.