News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Pit Bulls

Started by Listener, December 06, 2005, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I hate how the media demonizes and mistreats pit bulls.  A lot of them actually have very cute faces.

Of course, I gotta put a lot of the blame on the asspirates who train them to fight, or train them badly, or don't socialize them properly with children in the house.

I don't care what anyone says:  no breed of dog is inherently bad.  It's the same as people:  while a certain type of person might be more likely to turn bad, nurture can overcome nature.  With dogs, if you treat them well and train them well, they won't go batshit crazy and eat your kid's face.  Even pit bulls.

Not that I'd ever get one; you don't often find purebred pit bulls at the pound, which is the only place I get my animals -- either the pound or adoptions outside Petsmart.  But I wouldn't shy away from a puppy just because s/he has some pit bull in him/her.  Of the four dogs my family has had, two have had a good portion of pit bull in them.  The first was pit bull / retriever, and was fiercely loyal to my parents and good to me.  The second is my sister's dog Oreo; you can do literally ANYTHING to her except pick her up and she won't yelp or snap.  In fact, Zak, the retriever, has been snapping a little lately.

Go fig.

Anyway, this was all precipitated by yet another pit bull trained to fight story on the news just now.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Listener on December 06, 2005, 04:15:12 PM
I hate how the media demonizes and mistreats pit bulls.  A lot of them actually have very cute faces.

Of course, I gotta put a lot of the blame on the asspirates who train them to fight, or train them badly, or don't socialize them properly with children in the house.

I don't care what anyone says:  no breed of dog is inherently bad.  It's the same as people:  while a certain type of person might be more likely to turn bad, nurture can overcome nature.  With dogs, if you treat them well and train them well, they won't go batshit crazy and eat your kid's face.  Even pit bulls.

Not that I'd ever get one; you don't often find purebred pit bulls at the pound, which is the only place I get my animals -- either the pound or adoptions outside Petsmart.  But I wouldn't shy away from a puppy just because s/he has some pit bull in him/her.  Of the four dogs my family has had, two have had a good portion of pit bull in them.  The first was pit bull / retriever, and was fiercely loyal to my parents and good to me.  The second is my sister's dog Oreo; you can do literally ANYTHING to her except pick her up and she won't yelp or snap.  In fact, Zak, the retriever, has been snapping a little lately.

Go fig.

Anyway, this was all precipitated by yet another pit bull trained to fight story on the news just now.

My uncle is a vet and he says he's put down more cocker spaniels, by far, for biting humans than pit bulls.   They're horribly inbred to get that "pretty" look and it screws them up mentally.

ReBurn

So how do you explain the Dutch?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

ReBurn

Cocker Spaniels are, in my opinion, inherently stupid.  I guess that comes from inbreeding, too.

Alice

I want a Rottweiler and an Irish Wolfhound.  Not that it has anything to do with Pit Bulls.  I just thought I'd put it out there.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on December 06, 2005, 04:22:39 PM
Cocker Spaniels are, in my opinion, inherently stupid.  I guess that comes from inbreeding, too.

Also, the Royals.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on December 06, 2005, 04:31:09 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on December 06, 2005, 04:22:39 PM

Also, the Royals.

George Brett wants to kick your ass!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 06, 2005, 04:19:30 PM

Go fig.

My uncle is a vet and he says he's put down more cocker spaniels, by far, for biting humans than pit bulls.   They're horribly inbred to get that "pretty" look and it screws them up mentally.

you just discribed the state of mississippi arkansas and some deep wooded areas of Kentucky...
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

eo000

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 20, 2005, 09:27:58 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on December 06, 2005, 04:19:30 PM

Go fig.

you just discribed the state of mississippi arkansas and some deep wooded areas of Kentucky...

hahaha. nice.

ReBurn

The Dog Whisperer says that Pit Bulls are inherently predisposed to fighting as an outlet for their excess energy.

Bishamonten

Quote from: ReBurn on December 20, 2005, 10:10:45 AM
The Dog Whisperer says that Pit Bulls are inherently predisposed to fighting as an outlet for their excess energy.

In that case black labs would be eating children left and right.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 20, 2005, 10:13:08 AM

I didn't say I believed him, that's just what he said.

I was mauled by a black lab once.  And I have the failed skin graft to prove it.  SOB tossed my 5 year old frame around like a rag doll.

Beefy

Every dog on the planet could conceivably bite someone, so we should put them all down, just to be safe.  And we're starting with yours.

Then, we're moving on to children.

ReBurn

If my dog gets under the Christmas tree again I'm going to save someone the trouble of putting him down.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on December 20, 2005, 10:18:25 AM
Every dog on the planet could conceivably bite someone, so we should put them all down, just to be safe.  And we're starting with yours.

I think we could spare the little ones.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 20, 2005, 10:47:25 AM

Nah, we should get rid of them first.  There is nothing worse than a short man - Napolean complex sucks.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on December 20, 2005, 11:01:48 AM

Nah, we should get rid of them first.  There is nothing worse than a short man - Napolean complex sucks.

easily fixed.  If people are so concerned about their kids being bit, 2 things.  stop breeding or get rid of the dogs.

i think beef would agree, stopp breeding no more kids, no more kids, no more people, nbo more people,  nature is happy again.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

cnamon

Iny weeny teeny weeny
Shriveled little short dick man

Don't want,Don't want,Don't want,

What in the world is that thing?
Do you need some tweezers to put that thing away

That has got to be the smallest dick
I've ever seen in my whole life
I have ever seen in my whole life

Get the fuck outta here
Iny weeny teeny weeny
Shriveled little short dick man

Don't want,Don't want,
Don't want,Don't want,
Don't want
Don't want
Don't want
Don't want
Don't want

Uh! Uh! Uh!
Uh! Uh! Uh!

Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh!
Uh! Uh! Uh!

Isn't that cute an extra belly button
You need to put your pants back on honey

That is what came to mind, Alice.  Sorry guys.

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 20, 2005, 11:15:55 AM
i think beef would agree, stopp breeding no more kids, no more kids, no more people, nbo more people,  nature is happy again.

You are correct.

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 20, 2005, 10:14:42 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on December 20, 2005, 10:13:08 AM

I didn't say I believed him, that's just what he said.

I was mauled by a black lab once.  And I have the failed skin graft to prove it.  SOB tossed my 5 year old frame around like a rag doll.

I have scars on the back of my leg where I was bitten by a black lab!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

The only two dogs I was ever bitten by were a poodle and a corgi.  I've broken up dogfights but never involving the pit bulls at the kennel- they just hung back and watched. 

I agree that some dogs are more genetically predispositioned to being fighters,(I mean honestly- who'd expect a bichon to be a fighter?)  but I'm going to place all the blame of "aggressive" dogs on their owners.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

I meant spare the little dogs.  The ones that are easily squashable beneath the heel of my shoe.

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 20, 2005, 01:14:35 PM

I meant spare the little dogs.  The ones that are easily squashable beneath the heel of my shoe.

You'd make so much money if you did that and videotaped it and sold copies.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Some dudes get off on girls popping balloons with high heels, I'm sure someone's into puppy squashing.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.