News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Introducing....

Started by cnamon, November 16, 2005, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

Mr. Woo Woo Butterstick Panda!!!!

He makes his debut on this day!!!!!

Here is some info from the Washington Post (I'll post it to avoid the bitching and moaning about registering)...

The National Zoo's first surviving giant panda cub, already a huge hit with webcam viewers, will make his official public debut Dec. 8, the zoo announced yesterday. Free, timed-entry tickets to the Panda House will be distributed via the zoo's Web site beginning Monday.

Additional information about ticket distribution and viewing hours will be released later this week. Officials are bracing for an onslaught of traffic at the Web site, where tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Web site can be reached at http://nationalzoo.si.edu/ or http://www.fonz.org/ .

Visits probably will be limited to 10 minutes and confined to morning hours at first to maximize the chances of seeing Tai Shan. He usually spends his mornings in the public exhibit area and then goes back to his private den in the afternoon to nap.

Beefy

cnamon

I think I will join the FONZ just so I can snap my fingers and where a brown bomber jacket to the meetings.

Gamplayerx

When I was growing up, we were FONZies.  We had stickers and passes to zoo events and all kinds of stuff.

And we snapped our fingers and wore brown bomber jackets.

cnamon

Gamp, is Glen Echo by the Parkway on the C&O Canal?

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 16, 2005, 11:14:23 AM
When I was growing up, we were FONZies.  We had stickers and passes to zoo events and all kinds of stuff.

And we snapped our fingers and wore brown bomber jackets.
DRAAAAAPES!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Dots on November 16, 2005, 11:16:35 AM
Gamp, is Glen Echo by the Parkway on the C&O Canal?
Yes.  I grew up in Glen Echo.  The view out my bedroom windows was the Canal and the Potomac River.  Unless I looked straight down - in which case it was the parkway.  Waaaaaay down - it was steep.  Here's a clicky that's a wee bit off.

Very cute town, Glen Echo is. 

cnamon

We drove through there on Sunday.  It is a very nice area.  Beautiful homes.

Gamplayerx

Some of the homes are beautiful.  Ours was a beautiful old Chautauqua home from the 1800s.  Our next door neighbor's was a Sears catalog house from the 20s - not quite as lovely.

nishi

something has happened and when i pull up the pandacam website at work now... i get a black screen. no websense telling me to go away. just..... nothing.

i am nearly suicidal. plus, i've been getting emergency calls from mr. butterstick woo woo panda wondering where i am.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

I can't connect either.  The cams are at maximum capacity.

I'll sneak in the zoo tonight and set up a Nishi only webcam.  That way you and Mr. Woo Woo Butterstick Panda will have lots of quality time.

I am going to try to get tickets to see him.

nishi

Quote from: Dots on November 16, 2005, 01:22:38 PM
I can't connect either.  The cams are at maximum capacity.

I'll sneak in the zoo tonight and set up a Nishi only webcam.  That way you and Mr. Woo Woo Butterstick Panda will have lots of quality time.

I am going to try to get tickets to see him.

well, we talk on the phone sometimes. and he comes over in his flying car. but still - NO PANDACAM IS RATHER AN EMERGENCY SITUATION IF YOU ARE ME.

he was sitting up the other afternoon, pretending to eat bamboo. he had to keep leaning against those rocks in the outside enclosure very carefully; otherwise, he was falling over every time he casually reached for a new branch of bamboo to pretend eating. he looked like some drunk guy, casually acting like he's not drunk at a bar....
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

Dose anyone want to try to see Mr. Woo Woo Butterstick Panda with me?  I am signing up for a viewing time on Saturday if I can get it.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: cnamon on November 21, 2005, 08:54:20 AM
Dose anyone want to try to see Mr. Woo Woo Butterstick Panda with me?  I am signing up for a viewing time on Saturday if I can get it.
Possibly.  Let me get back to you.

Dry then Catch

my friend has a "widget" that you can install to see the pandas.  I have no idea what it is, but I am content to simply click on my favorites to the pandas.  Does anyone want it? 

dazie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 21, 2005, 11:39:54 AM
my friend has a "widget" that you can install to see the pandas.  I have no idea what it is, but I am content to simply click on my favorites to the pandas.  Does anyone want it? 

Is "widget" a technical term?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2005, 11:41:40 AM

yes it is.  I really have no idea what it is.  It seems like an applet, window that will tell you when the panda is stirring or something. 

dazie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 21, 2005, 11:46:03 AM
Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2005, 11:41:40 AM

yes it is.  I really have no idea what it is.  It seems like an applet, window that will tell you when the panda is stirring or something. 

They've moved Butterstick into the kitchen? 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

nishi

are you kidding when you ask if anyone wants it?? of course i want it!!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Dry then Catch

http://www.andrewjaw.com/SanDiegoCams%5B1%5D.zip.Pandas.zip

Remove the ".Pandas" from the file name
Unzip the files.
double click on setup.exe
let it install
delete the unziped files
watch pandas

i haven't tried it myself yet.  I think it may be firefox only, not sure

cnamon

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2005, 10:22:12 AM
Quote from: cnamon on November 21, 2005, 08:54:20 AM
Possibly.  Let me get back to you.
All the tickets are gone.

But there are a lot on sale on Craigs already.

cnamon

Sick fuckers are selling the tickets on eBay for up to $500!

I can wait to see the panda...as long as I have my panda cam.

Gamplayerx

Awwww!  Can you hotlink to Flickr?  Guess I'll find out.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.