News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

It's time...

Started by ursus, March 07, 2005, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ursus

Baseball is starting up again.  :D

Anyone got a fave?

I think that the Dodgers are a mortal lock for 3rd in the NL West.
I was just wondering...

Dark_Lord

I just LOVE that Barry Bonds! He's a delicous morsel....I could just eat him up!

cnamon

I guess I have to cheer on the home team since they are in my backyard...

Go Gnats!

ursus

I was just wondering...

OBB

I'm going to cheer for the Blue Jays, because they're the only Canadian team!

cnamon

Quote from: ursus on March 07, 2005, 01:06:21 PM
Gnats??
Washington Nationals.  Nats for short.  I call the the Gnats.  Yep.  I am a tard.

curlingdog

I'm a closet baseball fan.  I hate MLB and how its run, but I've been a Brewer fan since grade school.  I'm not into following them daily, but I do try to get to a few games each year, and will listen to the Uke call play by play for them on the local AM station.  its just so... quaint.

Dark_Lord

Quote from: curlingdog on March 07, 2005, 01:26:22 PM
I'm a closet baseball fan.  I hate MLB and how its run, but I've been a Brewer fan since grade school.  I'm not into following them daily, but I do try to get to a few games each year, and will listen to the Uke call play by play for them on the local AM station.  its just so... quaint.

Glad to see you coming out of the closet Mr. Dog. The more the merrier.

curlingdog

Quote from: Dark_Lord on March 07, 2005, 01:28:34 PM
Quote from: curlingdog on March 07, 2005, 01:26:22 PM

Glad to see you coming out of the closet Mr. Dog. The more the merrier.

I try to be a good boy and stay true to my indignation for how the sport is managed...  but on the inside I do love the game so and attending a game is such a guilty pleasure.

ursus

Do they have management jerseys?

I'd like one for Steinbrenner.... hahahahahahahahahaha...

sorry
I was just wondering...

eo000

I love baseball, and this is how much.

I'm a tigers fan.
I'm going to order the full season MLB package from comcast.

sapphirehart

Sign up for Little League is this month for my son.  Last year his team only won four games but they all had a good time and the coach made sure that each boy got to play as much as possible.   I can't wait until opening day!

curlingdog

Quote from: eo000 on March 07, 2005, 01:42:19 PM
I love baseball, and this is how much.

I'm a tigers fan.
I'm going to order the full season MLB package from comcast.

From the Milwauke Urinal:

PROJECTION:

It's been 12 years since the Brewers had a winning season, and they're hoping that this is the year they can break that streak. They have a lot of young talent who will have to work hard to be in contention in the NL Central. The Brewers are in a tough division with the defending NL Champion Cardinals, the Wild Card winning Astros and the confident Cubs. Milwaukee's goal right now is to just get over .500. If the Brewers are able to do that, then they might see themselves in fourth or fifth place in the NL Central, instead of in last.

ursus

This is the Dodgers good time. No games have been played, so we can sit back and daydream. In a couple of weeks the team will actually have to play, that's when it gets ugly.

I love the preseason.
I was just wondering...

Youphoric

Go..um....local sports team!!

Creepy Monkey

I actually do like the Giants. Barry Bonds rocks. Seriously.

Gamplayerx

I love going to Orioles games.  Sure, the Orioles have been sucking big time for quite a while, but some of them have some really cute bums.

machina

The Cubbies Baby!!!

This is our year now that that no tallent ass clown Sosa is out of town

ursus

clown...
town...
It rhymes!

Cool.
I was just wondering...

charmed

I like the Indians. I got to go to my first MLB game last summer and it was awesome. There isn't anything quite like going to a baseball game on a sunny summer day!

curlingdog

Quote from: charmed on March 08, 2005, 03:12:03 PM
I like the Indians. I got to go to my first MLB game last summer and it was awesome. There isn't anything quite like going to a baseball game on a sunny summer day!

true that!!  If the roof to Miller Park works, it's not bad on a rainy day now either! 

ursus

Listened to some live training camp ball.
A's 5, giants not enough....

:D :D
I was just wondering...

curlingdog

Ben Sheets got his training camp pitching debut yesterday for the brew crew.  KC 6, brewers... not as much.

eo000

Tigers beat the yankees today 10-7. gotta love spring training.

charmed

Quote from: eo000 on March 11, 2005, 06:24:53 PM
Tigers beat the yankees today 10-7. gotta love spring training.

oh crap do I hate the yankees.