News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Terrell Owens is an idiot

Started by Listener, November 05, 2005, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpus

Quote from: snizwilk on November 08, 2005, 11:46:07 PM
I have to thank TO for causing all the problems and getting the boot.  It'll make it that much easier to kick their asses again next Monday.
Yes, it does help.. Skins would have lost if he was in the game on Sunday.  It will be nice to religate the Eagle's to last in the NFC East this year. The Boys gotta do the job this week and keep'em down.

Grumpus

Quote from: kelbel on November 08, 2005, 11:53:57 PM
Anyone see this article yet? I found it intersting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/08/owens/index.html?cnn=yes

That is interesting.  It might get you out of a contract but could cost ya a shit load of money.  But what the hell, a few mil here and few mil there and a new team, you're back where you started.  That doesn't sound cynical does it?

Bennyhana

Quote from: Grumpus on November 09, 2005, 12:03:17 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/08/owens/index.html?cnn=yes

That is interesting.  It might get you out of a contract but could cost ya a shit load of money.  But what the hell, a few mil here and few mil there and a new team, you're back where you started.  That doesn't sound cynical does it?

The article does show the situation from a different angle.  However, these players signed contracts.  If they find themselves unhappy with the team they signed on to play with, they shouldn't have signed an 8 year contract.  It goes both ways.  The teams have to cut their losses when something like this happens, and the players should have to take responsibility for entering into the agreement as well.  After reading that, I find myself having no more sympathy for players than before.  Buy the ticket, take the ride.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 09, 2005, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: Grumpus on November 09, 2005, 12:03:17 AM

The article does show the situation from a different angle.  However, these players signed contracts.  If they find themselves unhappy with the team they signed on to play with, they shouldn't have signed an 8 year contract.  It goes both ways.  The teams have to cut their losses when something like this happens, and the players should have to take responsibility for entering into the agreement as well.  After reading that, I find myself having no more sympathy for players than before.  Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I gotta agree with Benny here.  If you're the type of person who's a perpetual malcontent, don't sign any long term deals.  That or build it into the language of your deal that you can leave at different intervals.

Besides, if you paid me what he's getting paid, I'd be so giddy I'd let you kick me in the head once a week just for shits and giggles.  That's a lot of damned money.  It's not like he wasn't getting to play.  It's not like they were making him take out the garbage and wash the coach's car or anything potentially humiliating. 

He wanted out as much because of the money as the fact that he was in an organization that wouldn't kiss his ass, wouldn't acknowledge all his perceived greatness, and one that wasn't winning.  Well shit man, we all work in that sort of place from time to time.  You're getting paid well for a contract you willingly signed, shut.............the fu**.....................up!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on November 13, 2005, 10:16:15 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/13/owens.jackson.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

WTF do Jesse Jackson and Ralph Nader know about anything?? 
They both know social injustice.  Trust them.  I bet Jesse Jackson has a good pimp hand.

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on November 13, 2005, 10:19:32 PM
Quote from: dazie on November 13, 2005, 10:16:15 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/13/owens.jackson.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

WTF do Jesse Jackson and Ralph Nader know about anything?? 
They both know social injustice.  Trust them.  I bet Jesse Jackson has a good pimp hand.

Ugh.  Next thing you know Al Sharpton will be in on it. 

Beefy

ReBurn

I'm sure the arbitrator will realize that he's just misunderstood.

snizwilk

I heard rumors today that Dallas is considering making a move for TO.  He stomped on the STAR for crying out loud!  But if he would play and shut up, I'm all for winning the super bowl.

VikingJuice

Quote from: snizwilk on November 17, 2005, 11:55:39 PM
I heard rumors today that Dallas is considering making a move for TO.  He stomped on the STAR for crying out loud!  But if he would play and shut up, I'm all for winning the super bowl.

It won't be this season because the trade deadline has come and gone.  I don't know that Tuna wants to deal with another headache attitude, he's already got Terry Glenn and Keyshawn.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 18, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

It won't be this season because the trade deadline has come and gone.  I don't know that Tuna wants to deal with another headache attitude, he's already got Terry Glenn and Keyshawn.

Yeah, but have they really been a problem for him?  Keyshawn was a big problem in TB, but I haven't heard anything out of him since he went to Dallas.  I've been kinda wondering if Parcells has a way with people like that.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 18, 2005, 04:11:50 PM
Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 18, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Yeah, but have they really been a problem for him?  Keyshawn was a big problem in TB, but I haven't heard anything out of him since he went to Dallas.  I've been kinda wondering if Parcells has a way with people like that.
Does he have a pretty mouth?

eo000

http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2006/09/27/486077.html

QuoteDALLAS - A police report says Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by taking pain medication. Owens reportedly put two more pills into his mouth even after fire rescue personnel arrived.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The rescue worker "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"

The 32-year-old player broke his right hand Sept. 17 against the Washington Redskins.

Owens had surgery the following day.

Initial reports indicated Owens was hospitalized last night after a reaction to pain medication.

dazie

Waah.

I mean- it's sad that he felt he had to resort to that and all, but man the fuck up Nancy.  Waah.

Alice

Wow, that's awful.  Maybe this explains some of his recent attitude.