News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Terrell Owens is an idiot

Started by Listener, November 05, 2005, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I don't care how good he is, he's still an idiot, and I would rather have one of Atlanta's receivers on my team -- any of them, even Dez White, who's been sucking lately -- than TO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-owenssuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

And the worst part is, they'll really need him this week against Washington.  He is definitely no longer a team player.

It's only a matter of time til he ends up in Oakland.  Hell, they already have Randy Moss, why not?

dazie

HEY NOW!  Don't send all the assholes to Oakland.  The Raiders used to be great.  I loves me some silver and black!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 05, 2005, 10:52:56 PM
HEY NOW!  Don't send all the assholes to Oakland.  The Raiders used to be great.  I loves me some silver and black!

That's likely where he'll end up because nobody else in the league will want him.  He's like a cancer to every team he touches.  At least in Oakland, he can make Al Davis miserable and that would make me smile.  Fuck you T.O.  Donovan owes you a punch in the mouth and then some.

dazie

Quote from: Orange Juice Jones on November 06, 2005, 12:00:15 AM

That's likely where he'll end up because nobody else in the league will want him.  He's like a cancer to every team he touches.  At least in Oakland, he can make Al Davis miserable and that would make me smile.  Fuck you T.O.  Donovan owes you a punch in the mouth and then some.

Wouldn't it be nice if nobody hired him?  Ahhh... he and Latrell Sprewell (sp?) and all the other hubristic morons could just go have a big pity party.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on November 06, 2005, 10:47:46 PM
Quote from: Orange Juice Jones on November 06, 2005, 12:00:15 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if nobody hired him?  Ahhh... he and Latrell Sprewell (sp?) and all the other hubristic morons could just go have a big pity party.

I so wish!!

I heard from a guy at the sports bar that the BIG reason behind his suspension, aside from being a dipshit who's publicly slammed both his boss and teammates, was that he got into a fight with some guys in the locker room for posturing, telling them they could kiss his ass and then talking shit right to Donovan's face.  I would love to have been a fly on the wall when that happened because in a small area with that much testosterone and little to no supervision, there'd have been some serious beat downs administered.  Apparently it was all broken up quickly.  That's a shame.

Listener

TO is now no longer with the Eagles.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Listener on November 07, 2005, 03:22:44 PM

what's the source?  Did they trade him or just buy him out?

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 07, 2005, 03:46:54 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/13105332.htm

He's got to serve three more games of a team-mandated four-game suspension, and then will remain deactivated for the rest of the year. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on November 07, 2005, 03:50:38 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 07, 2005, 03:46:54 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/13105332.htm

He's got to serve three more games of a team-mandated four-game suspension, and then will remain deactivated for the rest of the year. 

He apparently will seek a fast track arbitration via his agent.  The Eagles will ask for a repayment of 1.8 million for breach of contract.  They will have to pay him for the remaining games of the season after his 4 game payless suspension concludes.

So it is official: TO is told to FO and STFU in PA!

Andy Reid just grew a boat-load of respect from me.  He already had a lot, now he's got tons more!  It's a shame that it took this long and allowed the team to become this divided over the issue.  They will be lucky to make the playoffs at this stage and being last in their rejuvinated division.

Grumpus

What's funny is he's probably sitting a home right now watching all the press he's getting and loving it. I'll give it a month before he's ESPN's next football analyst.

cnamon

Quote from: Grumpus on November 07, 2005, 08:29:39 PM
What's funny is he's probably sitting a home right now watching all the press he's getting and loving it. I'll give it a month before he's ESPN's next football analyst.
That is probably true. 

It is so sad that his actions garner so much press.

He should hook up with those Panthers Cheerleaders.

Listener

Someone in one of my fantasy football leagues just traded TO for Plaxico Burress of the Giants.  The trade was officially approved on Saturday, just before he got suspended.

Ha ha!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on November 08, 2005, 02:15:49 PM
Someone in one of my fantasy football leagues just traded TO for Plaxico Burress of the Giants.  The trade was officially approved on Saturday, just before he got suspended.

Ha ha!

DOH!!!

opus

I think it would be interesting if he just get fired and has a bad wrap like anybody else would and therefore a near impossible tiem getting a new job. 

You know, have trouble finding a new gig?  What a concept. 
I bet he works next year 'cause he's seen the errors of his actions and has worked towrads self betterment..'  or some other such crap.

All that talent and still a complete waste of genetic material......go figure.
Remeber, no matter where you go, there you are.

VikingJuice

Quote from: opus on November 08, 2005, 06:59:33 PM
I think it would be interesting if he just get fired and has a bad wrap like anybody else would and therefore a near impossible tiem getting a new job. 

You know, have trouble finding a new gig?  What a concept. 
I bet he works next year 'cause he's seen the errors of his actions and has worked towrads self betterment..'  or some other such crap.

All that talent and still a complete waste of genetic material......go figure.

Somebody will pay him for a season or two but here's the kicker, and I love this: Because he's been such a flake, and a whiny bitch individualist in a team game, the long term contract with a juicy signing bonus that he has been lobbying for throughout this whole process, is now even less likely to be offered by anyone.  Who wants to invest a 4 or 5 year deal with a 10 million plus signing bonus for a guy that might HAVE to be removed from your team and leave you holding millions in salary cap money that could be spent on other players?  He's fucked.  And he deserves it.

The only asshat I can think of that would pony up would be Al Davis.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

HELIX

arena football would keep him in this country...he should join the canadians
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Grumpus

Man, what a dose of reality this must be for a guy that's had people kissing his ass since he can remember. Philly has really made an example of this asshat and I'll bet some of the other hot-dogs on other teams will be mellowing for the next few weeks thinking they could be next.  It's been a long time since I've seen a team take a stand like this one.  I really don't think he's gone for the season though, unless Philly mgmt. has more on him than we know about. I'm sure the saga will continue for the next 4 ot 5 weeks, especially if Philly keeps losing.  He's not just going to go away but at least his in a position were he will be the one kissin ass for a while.  Who knows, maybe he'll learn something about being a team player, as will as other hotdoggers, and we will see better games from now on.

snizwilk

TO does have a great point.  McNabb sucks.

Grumpus

Quote from: snizwilk on November 08, 2005, 11:13:48 PM
TO does have a great point.  McNabb sucks.
I agree, I never thought much for McNabb or his momma.  Then again, I'm a Skins fan.

snizwilk

I have to thank TO for causing all the problems and getting the boot.  It'll make it that much easier to kick their asses again next Monday.

kelbel

:)