News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

You'll Probably Laugh at Me, But...

Started by Alice, August 09, 2005, 09:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I think my dog was possessed last night.  Now I'm not one of those girls who believes in all these ghost stories or psychics or anything.  But last night was a little too weird for me and I can't explain it away.

My roomie got a flat tire on our way to dinner with an old HS friend of ours.  We pulled into the parking lot and unloaded all the crap from her trunk into her back seat.  I pulled out a huge piece of wood and saw that Cin had made a homemade Ouija board.  The tire got changed, we ate dinner and headed back to the apartment. 

I walked in and saw that someone had called when we were gone, so I went outside and talked on the phone for a few minutes.  Then I got another call and was on that call for awhile too.  Suddenly my roomate comes out crying and asking me to come inside and help her, she was being attacked by the dog.  So I get off the phone and walk inside. 

The apartment is trashed.  Our mail, catalogs, random paper - are all chewed up and strewn around the living room.  The chairs in the dining room table are all on the floor.  The dog food holder is knocked over and spilled all over.  I go to grab Bruce and he growls and bears his teeth at me.  He's never done that before.  Then my roomate starts screaming about the dog being possessed... I didn't buy into it at first but then I saw the Ouija board sitting in our living room.  (I don't like those things and made her promise to keep hers outside somewhere).

I start thinking maybe he is possessed, because Bruce has never acted like this before and it looks like his eyes are dead, and he suddenly has a slightly lazy eye.  So I feel silly but I ask Cin how to find out and how to get rid of them.  She shrugs (some witch she is) and I look back at Bruce.  He's now on a leash tied to the stair rail.  I tell Bruce that if the demon in his head doesn't get out, I'll find a way to get it out of him.  He starts growling and bearing his teeth again.  So I walk up and get my hands wrapped around his muzzle and tell him again that I'll find a way to get it out.

Bruce, after about 3 or 4 repetitions of my empty threat, he sneezed 4 times in a row, kissed me and then laid down and was acting like his normal self.

I'm sure I sound stupid - but it was the weirdest thing.  I don't know what else to make of it.

FalloutBoy

"I pulled out a huge piece of wood and saw that Cin had made a homemade Ouija board."

Maybe Bruce was pissed that she didn't just spend a few bucks to by a real Ouiji board.
;D

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

We used to fool around with ouija boards when I was a teenager.  We made homemade ones, too.

Never again.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Jessie

Oh, you should have called John Constantine!

I just watched that Sunday night.

DownSouth

He's probably sick of Cin trying to molest him.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

That's freaky Alice.  I'd beat the roomie WITH the Ouija board.  Dumb woman.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bishamonten

We pulled into the parking lot and unloaded all the crap from her trunk into her back seat.

Ha-Ha!  </phil ken sebben>

... <eyepatch>

Dry then Catch

seriously don't fuck around with that occult shit, im telling you cause i care, and i mean it.

your roommate has some serious issues. 

and i of course believe you alice.  if he wasn't possessed maybe he was sensing something.

Jessie

If you believe in any sort of supernatural stuff, animals are supposed to be more in tune with it. 

ReBurn

I thought my dog was watching something supernatural, but it turned out he was hunting flies.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Not to sound like I'm putting your thoughts off or anything- but was there perhaps an earthquake in the area?  My cat used to go absolutely ape shit before a quake.

Jessie

I think that Sophie and I might have some explainin' to do.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 12:23:37 PM
Not to sound like I'm putting your thoughts off or anything- but was there perhaps an earthquake in the area?  My cat used to go absolutely ape shit before a quake.
Trust me, I'd love any other explanation then the possesion thing.  No earthquakes nearby.  No thunderstorms, nothing.

Oh, the other detail was that all three of us heard our front door open - it does this creaky thing when it opens.  We all looked at the door to see who was coming in - but it wasn't open.  I walked to it to check and see if maybe I just hadn't shut it all the way - I pulled on the doorknob, but it was completely closed.

dazie

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 09, 2005, 01:13:02 PM
Trust me, I'd love any other explanation then the possesion thing.  No earthquakes nearby.  No thunderstorms, nothing.

Oh, the other detail was that all three of us heard our front door open - it does this creaky thing when it opens.  We all looked at the door to see who was coming in - but it wasn't open.  I walked to it to check and see if maybe I just hadn't shut it all the way - I pulled on the doorknob, but it was completely closed.

Crap.  That just gave me goosebumps and made my eyes water.  Thanks a LOT Alice!

Alice

Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 01:16:51 PM

Crap.  That just gave me goosebumps and made my eyes water.  Thanks a LOT Alice!
Sorry.  :(

dazie

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 09, 2005, 01:20:11 PM

S'ok.  I'll sleep sometime next week.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 01:21:03 PM

Awesome.  Maybe we can get another thread when you do.  ;)

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 09, 2005, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 01:21:03 PM

Awesome.  Maybe we can get another thread when you do.  ;)

*lol*  Yeah.  I hadn't realised I was so newsworthy.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 01:29:21 PM
*lol*  Yeah.  I hadn't realised I was so newsworthy.

I'm actually glad it was posted.  I get worried about you guys sometimes and it's nice to hear when things, even as seemingly simple as sleep, are going well.

dc

We could go on and on about Ouija boards.  I've never quite believed that possession comes from them.  They certainly channel subconscious energy, and may also act as a conduit for residual energies in the area (aka ghosts).  He could have felt some negative energy.

However, the first thing I'd do is take him to the vet soon, and immediately if he does it again, and have them take a look at his skull first.  I've seen that happen with dogs before.  You want to make sure he's not developing a tumor.

Alice

Quote from: dc on August 09, 2005, 01:34:16 PM
We could go on and on about Ouija boards.  I've never quite believed that possession comes from them.  They certainly channel subconscious energy, and may also act as a conduit for residual energies in the area (aka ghosts).  He could have felt some negative energy.

However, the first thing I'd do is take him to the vet soon, and immediately if he does it again, and have them take a look at his skull first.  I've seen that happen with dogs before.  You want to make sure he's not developing a tumor.
We have a vet appt tonight.  He needed a check up anyway, so I figured I might as well go and let them know about his irratic behavior.  There's still that main part in my brain that knows there has to be an actual logical explanation.

dazie

So is he possessed or not?  How'd the vet visit go?

ursus

I know two of our dogs are not smart enough to use a Ouija board. One of them probably builds computers in her spare time... ::)
I was just wondering...