News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

My dog thinks he's psychic

Started by dazie, August 01, 2005, 11:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Our old dog will stand in front of the back door, about 3 inches away and stare at it.  That's his way of showing us he wants to go out. 

I can reach the back door from my computer desk without even getting out of the chair.  So I reach over his head and open the door.  He's deaf, so he doesn't hear me move, and going blind, so he doesn't have much peripheral vision and can't see me reach over him.  The result is, he opens the door JUST BY USING HIS MIND.

;D
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

See if he can guess which card I'm holding.

Alice

Listener

Quote from: dazie on August 01, 2005, 11:04:28 AM
Our old dog will stand in front of the back door, about 3 inches away and stare at it.  That's his way of showing us he wants to go out. 

I can reach the back door from my computer desk without even getting out of the chair.  So I reach over his head and open the door.  He's deaf, so he doesn't hear me move, and going blind, so he doesn't have much peripheral vision and can't see me reach over him.  The result is, he opens the door JUST BY USING HIS MIND.

;D

Related story:

My sister still lives at home, and she has a dog named Oreo (she's black, with a white ring around her neck).  My dad loves dogs, and he bought himself a dog and named him Zak.  Oreo is a mutt, mostly pitbull and a bunch of terriers, but she's much sweeter than your average pitbull-mix.  Zak is a purebred Golden Retriever.

My parents have taught the dogs that, to go out, they must ring a small bell by the front door.  Oreo refuses to do this.  But Zak is so conscientious that when he knows Oreo has to go, he will ring the bell for her.

My parents have figured out that he does this, and they make Oreo do it herself now, but it's still sweet.

Of course, in payment, Zak eats whatever food Oreo doesn't finish, and my parents feed the dogs really well -- kibble, leftover chicken or beef, vegetables, fruits... when I had a dog, when I lived at home, all she got was kibble, biscuits, and water.  So unfair.

Gamplayerx

ursus

Quote from: Listener on August 01, 2005, 01:49:33 PM
Quote from: dazie on August 01, 2005, 11:04:28 AM
Our old dog will stand in front of the back door, about 3 inches away and stare at it. That's his way of showing us he wants to go out.

I can reach the back door from my computer desk without even getting out of the chair. So I reach over his head and open the door. He's deaf, so he doesn't hear me move, and going blind, so he doesn't have much peripheral vision and can't see me reach over him. The result is, he opens the door JUST BY USING HIS MIND.

;D

Related story:

My sister still lives at home, and she has a dog named Oreo (she's black, with a white ring around her neck). My dad loves dogs, and he bought himself a dog and named him Zak. Oreo is a mutt, mostly pitbull and a bunch of terriers, but she's much sweeter than your average pitbull-mix. Zak is a purebred Golden Retriever.

My parents have taught the dogs that, to go out, they must ring a small bell by the front door. Oreo refuses to do this. But Zak is so conscientious that when he knows Oreo has to go, he will ring the bell for her.

My parents have figured out that he does this, and they make Oreo do it herself now, but it's still sweet.

Of course, in payment, Zak eats whatever food Oreo doesn't finish, and my parents feed the dogs really well -- kibble, leftover chicken or beef, vegetables, fruits... when I had a dog, when I lived at home, all I  got was kibble, biscuits, and water. So unfair.
Damn! That's too cruel...
I was just wondering...