News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

I don't want to declaw her, so what should I do?

Started by Jessie, March 06, 2008, 07:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on March 06, 2008, 02:23:17 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on March 06, 2008, 02:21:11 PM
Quote from: Alice on March 06, 2008, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: Jessie on March 06, 2008, 02:17:18 PM
She gets played with quite a bit, but maybe not enough for her psycho ass. 

Buy a dog.  Tape Beggin' Strips to the sides of Stevie.
Mutly ate a brand new bag of those when I was at work the other day.
Bruce ate an entire box of Scooby Snacks once.  His butt soup was multicolored in places.
I had a dog eat an entire bag of chocolate cookies once.  He pooped what looked like hershey's syrup everywhere.

It was awful.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

I heard that the best way to train an animal is to beat it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Both cats now have their front claws clipped.  Butters threw more of a fit, but holding her by the scruff of the neck leaves her motionless.  Stevie, on the other hand, flails about even more wildly when you try that with her.

Gamplayerx

Congrats!  Now you have to keep clipping them.  It gets easier. 

grace

Quote from: Jessie on March 06, 2008, 08:54:29 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I need to clip her claws.  I'm going to try that tonight, I think.

I just wish there was a way that I could train her to not be so psycho.  She really is just kind of crazy.  My dad has a cat the same age, and he's totally laid back and mellow. 

I love her so much but my god, that cat frustrates me.

let her OUT.....to wear-off her shit.
mine did that when she was young and i kicked her ass out when she got obnoixous. she became brutal, then humble when inside. 

Jessie

Quote from: grace on March 06, 2008, 10:05:04 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking I need to clip her claws.  I'm going to try that tonight, I think.

I just wish there was a way that I could train her to not be so psycho.  She really is just kind of crazy.  My dad has a cat the same age, and he's totally laid back and mellow. 

mine did that when she was young and i kicked her ass out when she got obnoixous. she became brutal, then humble when inside. 
She only has one eye, and the other barely works.  Also, I live on the main street of an apartment complex.  It's just not safe for her out there.

grace

Quote from: Jessie on March 06, 2008, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: grace on March 06, 2008, 10:05:04 PM

She only has one eye, and the other barely works.  Also, I live on the main street of an apartment complex.  It's just not safe for her out there.

i understand, maybe give her a play space and throw her there in the AM....i would so i could sleep, if you have a space somewhere.

Jessie

I woke up this morning because I got hit in the face with the curtain rod.

I'm going to tie her up at night or something.   (not really)

I played with her and wore her out last night, but that doesn't help that she's at her most annoying when she first wakes up in the morning.  I don't think I can make her tired after a good night's sleep.

I don't know what to do with her. 

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 07, 2008, 09:14:18 AM
Don't let her in the bedroom.
Yeah, there's that.  She will cry and cry outside and I like sleeping with her, though.

I'm such a sucker. 

If she keeps waking me this way, though, I'm going to have to consider it.

Alice

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on March 07, 2008, 09:18:18 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 07, 2008, 09:14:18 AM
Don't let her in the bedroom.
Yeah, there's that.  She will cry and cry outside and I like sleeping with her, though.

I'm such a sucker. 

If she keeps waking me this way, though, I'm going to have to consider it.

Next time she wakes you up, put her out in the car.  She'll hate it, but she won't be harmed, and you won't have to hear her crying.

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on March 07, 2008, 11:46:26 AM
Next time she wakes you up, put her out in the car.  She'll hate it, but she won't be harmed, and you won't have to hear her crying.

Whoa, man.  Like, deja vu.

eo000

I can't wait for the "This fucking cat shredded my headrest and shit on the dash" thread.

swolt

Quote from: eo000 on March 07, 2008, 12:35:16 PM
I can't wait for the "This fucking cat shredded my headrest and shit on the dash" thread.

I've been thinking that all day
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

There is no way I could lock her in the car.  I'd be just as likely to lock Timothy in the car.  She's my baby.  Have you all not caught on that I am irrationally attached to this cat?

swolt

Quote from: Jessie on March 07, 2008, 02:03:15 PM
There is no way I could lock her in the car.  I'd be just as likely to lock Timothy in the car.  She's my baby.  Have you all not caught on that I am irrationally attached to this cat?

You never locked Timothy in the car? How did he learn to read?

"It's CAT mommy! The word is CAT! Now can I please have some air?"

homeschooling is tough
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on March 07, 2008, 02:03:15 PM

Timothy is old enough to be okay if you leave him out in the car in your driveway for an hour.  Stevie will also be okay.  There's  plenty of air in the car, and it's not like it's hot outside at 7am in early March.

It won't hurt her.  I swear to God.

Gamplayerx

Anybody else wondering how many hours Benny spent locked in a car?

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 07, 2008, 04:50:02 PM
Anybody else wondering how many hours Benny spent locked in a car?

Well, since I didn't rip drapery, waking my parents up, none.  I don't see how it's abusive if it's an animal and it's not hot outside.  It's just like locking her in the bathroom, but you can't hear her whine.

Jessie

I don't lock my cats in the bathroom either, though.  I'm not saying it's abusive, I'm just saying it's not for me.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

paint her and stick to a wall........

[attachment deleted by admin]