News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Digital camera repair

Started by manosax, October 06, 2007, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manosax

Has anyone ever changed the LCD screen on a digital camera?

Infobahn

No. I would be surprised if you could get the part for a reasonable price.  I have done some camera repairs before (worked for a pro camera shop).  Before I would get the part, if you can, I would try and open the camera to access it, and most of all, I would see if you could close the camera back up.  I think you might break something (clips, whatever) getting into the camera, so it might be worthless if you can't get back together.

What camera?  Most point and shoot digitals are cheap now, so is fixing it worth it?

manosax

Its a Canon Digital Elph and I found the part online for $40.  I really like ths little thing and for fourty bucks...

Infobahn

If you can open and close it without issue, then it is worth a try.

ReBurn

Clips, shmips. There's always duct tape.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bennyhana

Quote from: ReBurn on October 06, 2007, 08:47:43 PM
Clips, shmips. There's always duct tape.

If I could fix my favorite camera for forty bucks, I'd splurge and get a tube of epoxy to seal that badboy back up.  There is still the issue of getting it apart without damaging the electronics, though.

manosax

that's what I'm really worried about.  I have seen an online reapair place that I can get it fixed for about 85 (I guess I would have to pay shipping too).  I have seen pictures of the part online and it looks as if the leads to the screen are a simple plug kind of thing... but i really don't know..