What I've Been Doing Lately

Started by Alice, June 07, 2007, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

BigDun

Any way you can take a higher resolution picture?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

Yeah, I realized my camera phone was set on low.

Alice

This is as good as I can get it.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

That's totally cool.  I would hang that in my house, fo sho.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

My wife says that would make an awesome laptop skin. I say it would make an awesome tattoo. Either way, it's pretty awesome.

Alice

Quote from: BigDun on June 07, 2007, 09:13:10 PM
My wife says that would make an awesome laptop skin. I say it would make an awesome tattoo. Either way, it's pretty awesome.
I just showed it to my friend, and he asked if he could get it inked.  Which is kind of cool.

Thank you, and tell your wife thank you too.

dazie

Alice

Jessie

Oh man, that would look awesome on a laptop.

Carroll's taking some old laptop and installing Linux on it (with the theory that Linux will perform better on a low end laptop than Windows will) and he's going to paint it black with red trim with a Jolly Roger on it and give it to me.

I vote that all laptops should be cool looking and painted.  And Alice should design them.

dazie

I put Stelios on the outside of the Big Blue Laptop.  I think he needs friends though.

BigDun

dazie

So are they like stickers?

I'd love to glam out the BBL, but I don't think paint will stick.

BigDun

They are technically "vinyl adhesives". But yes, they are like stickers. I have had one of these "stickers" on the side of my car for over a year in the form of a Band Aid covering a 2 foot scratch in the paint. They are incredibly durable.

Dry then Catch

that's really cool and I would buy your art because im trying to decorate and look sophsticated.  (and I like it)

nishi

Quote from: dazie on June 07, 2007, 10:02:37 PM
So are they like stickers?

I'd love to glam out the BBL, but I don't think paint will stick.

you can paint them with acrylic paint, but you have to cover the paint in the stuff you use for decopage afterwards to keep it from chipping. then it's pretty durable.

and that is a fantastic painting, alice!!
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

Bennyhana

I'd show you guys some of what I've been doing lately, but I no longer have a free place to host my audio files.  Oh, and you wouldn't enjoy it much.

pumpkineye

Wow Alice, that is crazy impressive!  It would make a beautiful tattoo.

My latest project is building a haunted dollhouse.  I get the house kit in a few days, so construction will begin probably next weekend.  However I have some bird skulls that were 'deposited' in my back yard which are sitting in hydrogen peroxide till they are clean that will be used in the house.  But I don't think you guys want to see that.  (no I didn't kill birds :( )

Jessie

My dad built me a dollhouse when I was a little girl.  It had little plexiglass windows and everything.  He also built me a high chair for my dolls.  I still have that.

For all four of us he built a car, prop plane and helicopter from scrap wood.  The plane and helicopter had working props, and the car had a working steering wheel. 

We also had lots of clubhouses over the years, one had trap doors and a balcony.

Our yard was so popular that we didn't have grass in the back half of it.