News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

The Departed

Started by Dry then Catch, October 15, 2006, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

I'm surprised no one has posted about this at all. 
Its a long movie, but I couldn't even tell how much time had passed.  The pacing was better than Goodfellas, and there wasn't nary a moment of boredom.  The highs were highs and the lows felt low.  Every character was very fleshed out, though Nicholson can't help being a caricature of himself.   This motivates me to see the Hong Kong originals Internal Affairs. 

It was complex enough for after movie speculation, but not something that left you feeling "WTF just happened, by any means". 

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

I liked it but the overlapping subplots meandered a lot.  There was never a dull moment but it felt a little convoluted and a skosh hard to follow.  The dialogue was fun at times. 

The lead actress was gorgeous!!  I was so in love with her.  She reminds me of Clair Forlani but much better as an actress.  I wouldn't be suprised if she get's a supporting nod.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dazie on October 15, 2006, 09:48:39 PM
http://www.juntoonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=10111.msg175075#msg175075

Perhaps YOU can explain it to Mr. U.  I haven't seen it yet.

The sealed envelope Leonardo Di Caprio gave Matt Damon's girlfriend in case he died was information for Marky Mark.   Where to find the truth.  He is obviously filled with revenge and justice that all the good people died only to have Matt Damon rise.  The sad thing is Matt Damon really wanted to lead an straight if ambitious life, but in the end he is just a RAT no closer to the capital than his apartment   

Dry then Catch

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on October 15, 2006, 11:00:18 PM
I liked it but the overlapping subplots meandered a lot.  There was never a dull moment but it felt a little convoluted and a skosh hard to follow.  The dialogue was fun at times. 

The lead actress was gorgeous!!  I was so in love with her.  She reminds me of Clair Forlani but much better as an actress.  I wouldn't be suprised if she get's a supporting nod.

Every subplot eventually melded to the climax did it not?  They were all neccessary. 

eo000

could be spoiler!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS IN THE ENVELOPE TO HER?????? WAS IT HIS BABY??????????????????????????????????

Dry then Catch

I thought the same thing but it makes no sense.  The answer is:

How would Leo know that SHE was pregant, much less that it was his.

The envelope contained evidence (or where to find the evidence) to show Matt Damon was a mole.  The instructions were probablt to"give this to Marky Mark", so he could take his revenge for all the faithful Departed.   

cnamon

This was a great movie.

I like your theory, Catchr.

Jessie

I liked it, it was good.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Jessie

Me too.

Leo sure was sexy in that movie.

Alice

I'm not normally a Leo fan... but I have a thing for Boston accents.  No, I don't know why.

Beefy

Still haven't seen it.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on April 02, 2007, 09:54:13 AM
I'm not normally a Leo fan... but I have a thing for Boston accents.  No, I don't know why.

That's wicked retaaahded.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on April 02, 2007, 09:58:59 AM
Still haven't seen it.

I rented it this morning and plan to watch it later today.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

I rented it and watched it again.  Still liked it just as much.  Not quite Oscar Winner worthy, but still good.

ReBurn

I bought it the day it was released. But I just watched it last week. I thought it was really good. That envelope didn't bother me as much as it did some people.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

awesome movie. I loved it
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

Quote from: ReBurn on April 02, 2007, 07:24:52 PM
I bought it the day it was released. But I just watched it last week. I thought it was really good. That envelope didn't bother me as much as it did some people.
An envelope bothered people?

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on April 03, 2007, 09:29:13 AM
It was a big loose string in the story.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on April 03, 2007, 09:31:11 AM
It was?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on April 03, 2007, 09:32:08 AM
It was?

I guess it was sort of convienent that it was just sitting on his desk for Leo to finger

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 11, 2007, 01:12:52 AM
It was?

I guess it was sort of convienent that it was just sitting on his desk for Leo to finger
Oh, I meant the envelope that he gave the girl.  The other one was mighty convenient, though. 

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on April 11, 2007, 07:41:14 AM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 11, 2007, 01:12:52 AM
It was?

Oh, I meant the envelope that he gave the girl.  The other one was mighty convenient, though. 
Yeah, that one. They never said what was in that envelope, but judging by the woman's reactions at the funeral, it wasn't favorable for Mr. Damon's character.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

Ohhhhh, right.

The woman found out through the envelope he sent Matt Damon, not the envelope Leo gave her.