News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Deadwood

Started by Bishamonten, November 30, 2005, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Anyone happen to see any of Deadwood?  Fantastic television.  Full of great character actors like Brad Dourif( one of the best actors alive today ), Ian McShane, John Hawkes, Jeffery Jones, and William Sanderson( also one of the best actors alive today ).  Season 1 is on DVD and Season 2 recently wrapped up.   Great show.

eo000

every episode.

san fransisco cocksucker.

Bishamonten

Quote from: eo000 on November 30, 2005, 03:57:54 PM
every episode.

san fransisco cocksucker.

Al:  Who?
Wu:  WU???
Al:  NO, WHO!?
Wu:  WUU!?!

Number 6

great show....much better than i thought it would be....the 2nd season just finished it's 2nd run on HBO and should be released pretty soon on dvd....i think the 3rd season starts in march along with Sapranos

Bishamonten

Quote from: Number 6 on November 30, 2005, 06:56:57 PM
great show....much better than i thought it would be....the 2nd season just finished it's 2nd run on HBO and should be released pretty soon on dvd....i think the 3rd season starts in march along with Sapranos

The second season reads like a highly vulgar shakespeare.  Especially Al on the balcony with the head-in-a-box.  Brilliant.  It's a great example of a show that has fantastic actors and the writers to back them.  Unlike, say, Lost, that has good actors and shitty writers.

eo000

This season has been so good.  Better than one and two, in my opinion.

Bishamonten

Quote from: eo000 on July 12, 2006, 06:46:28 AM
This season has been so good.  Better than one and two, in my opinion.

Yea it's been a thriller to watch.  It's hard to beat Season 1 with Wild Bill and all, but season 3 is knocking it right out of the park.

eo000

Pancakes, Deadwood style.

can't believe this show's been cancelled. :(

good news, though:

from W. Earl Brown's myspace

Quote*DEADWOOD -- as of right now it appears as if we will create two Deadwood movies. Production will probably commence spring/summer of 07. The films will be made for HBO movies to be aired on the channel. The cast have been made offers, however no deals have been made because most of us are hesitant to commit without some sort of time schedule. Yes, I wrote the episode "A Constant Throb." To to be entirely honest, like all our scripts, it was a group effort. Everyone on the writing staff plus the interns all write on every episode. Then everything is reworked by the Maestro, David Milch. When your name is on the script, you sort of shepherd the whole process and have a larger writing load than everyone else.