News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

I want a dog

Started by Listener, August 21, 2006, 09:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I want a dog.

Actually, two.

I want to go down to the pound and pick out a couple of 6-to-18-month-old dogs, housebroken, preferrably siblings, anything that'll grow to 40-100 lbs, take them home, train them to sit, stay, down, fetch, come, and heel, and then take them in the backyard and throw tennis balls to them.

But I have four cats and a new baby.  No dogs right now.

Also, I have to fill in a couple of deep holes in my backyard (they're covered by grass, but deep enough that if you step in one you could break a leg) so the dogs don't hurt themselves.

*sigh*

I want dogs.

Gamplayerx

You're experiencing post-partum insanity, huh?

Listener

Alice

I have a dog you can have.

She's 40 lbs.  And cute. 

Listener

No dog yet.

Not now... but soon!

(Actually, probably not for 7-10 years.)

dazie

You can have one of mine.  Housebroken, friendly, lazy...
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

You're going to fill in holes so the dogs don't hurt themselves.  Then they'll dig more, and they won't care if you hurt yourself.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: ReBurn on August 21, 2006, 12:19:18 PM
You're going to fill in holes so the dogs don't hurt themselves.  Then they'll dig more, and they won't care if you hurt yourself.

Yeah, true, but I get the feeling they'll know where they've dug.  The holes I think are gopher or mole holes, though the animals are long gone.  The previous owners never filled them in.  A couple dozen pounds of fill dirt will solve the problem.

And the dogs running on the grass will beat the hell out of them running in the street.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on August 21, 2006, 12:21:03 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on August 21, 2006, 12:19:18 PM

Yeah, true, but I get the feeling they'll know where they've dug.  The holes I think are gopher or mole holes, though the animals are long gone.  The previous owners never filled them in.  A couple dozen pounds of fill dirt will solve the problem.

And the dogs running on the grass will beat the hell out of them running in the street.
Running in the street is more thrilling, though.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!