News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

Pirates of the Caribbean- Dead Man's Chest

Started by dazie, July 08, 2006, 08:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Fun but mediocre film.  Completely devoid of the charm and wit that the first movie had.  It FELT like a sequel and that aint a good sign for the third installment.  Some pretty cool effects though, especially the Flying Dutchman.

What is the lore of the Davy Jones thing?  I've heard it mentioned in various films over the years and even in a Beastie Boys tune when they 'deliver Colonal Sanders down to Davy Jones' locker.'

Beefy

Alice

I'm pissed that I sat through those long credits for that crappy 10 seconds of "extra" film.

And where was Keith Richards???

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on July 20, 2006, 12:46:51 PM
I'm pissed that I sat through those long credits for that crappy 10 seconds of "extra" film.

And where was Keith Richards???

He's in #3.

Jessie

We saw it yesterday.  It was ok, but not as good as the first.  The scene with the water wheel thingy was way too long and drawn out.  It made Timothy cackle in several spots, so that alone was worth my $14. 

For some reason, I just didn't find Jack Sparrow as engaging this time.  I dunno.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: jessie on July 27, 2006, 08:05:56 AM
We saw it yesterday.  It was ok, but not as good as the first.  The scene with the water wheel thingy was way too long and drawn out.  It made Timothy cackle in several spots, so that alone was worth my $14. 

For some reason, I just didn't find Jack Sparrow as engaging this time.  I dunno.

Maybe because we knew what to expect this time? 

Plus the focus wasn't on him as much.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

I think I'm the only person who enjoyed this one more than the first.  I agree with everyone's assessments of the film's faults, I just didn't think the first film was all that spectacular.  It felt even more bloated to me than this one did. 

dazie

I think the first one was innovative and exciting because of it.

I think the second one is more established, and because of that, there's more pressure to create the WOW, which may have led to it being a little overpacked.  However, the WOW parts were terrific.  Bill Nighy alone is worth the price of admission. 

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on July 27, 2006, 09:45:03 AM
Bill Nighy alone is worth the price of admission. 

Totally.  That man is awesome in nearly everything he does.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on July 27, 2006, 10:09:29 AM
Quote from: dazie on July 27, 2006, 09:45:03 AM
Bill Nighy alone is worth the price of admission. 

Totally.  That man is awesome in nearly everything he does.

There's an article that talks about how they did his CGI.  Let me see if I can find it.