mike

I'm all squished up in the last two... don't want to disturb the puppy

Alice

Awww, what a cute puppy!

Gamplayerx

Hi, stranger.  Cute dog.

Beefy

mike

if I could just get her to consistently do her business on paper, I'll be set when she's done teething.

ugh. little shark teeth get annoying really quick

dazie

So- what's her name?  Is she a MinPin or just a small full sized?  How old?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: mike on May 11, 2006, 04:12:36 PM
if I could just get her to consistently do her business on paper

Buy a wet vac.  It'll be your best friend.

mike

minpin, name's ella.

about 8 weeks old in those pictures. they're a week old.

dazie

Brave man- leather furniture, puppy teeth...
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

I like how you have a smaller cage inside a much larger one.

mike

I haven't been using either. I've been giving her the run of the living room and kitchen... it's too much bother to keep track of her in the cages...

so, I'm already doing a bad job of training her, but I can't have her whining all night like she was doing when I was locking her up in the big cage at night.

sigh

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

Quote from: mike on May 11, 2006, 05:01:24 PM
I haven't been using either. I've been giving her the run of the living room and kitchen... it's too much bother to keep track of her in the cages...

so, I'm already doing a bad job of training her, but I can't have her whining all night like she was doing when I was locking her up in the big cage at night.

sigh

Seriously, dude, crate her.    Put the crate in your bedroom, cover it with a crappy blanket to make it dark, and put her in there.  Sit in the room with her and let her just get used to being in the crate.  Give her treats for going into the crate, feed her in the crate, and make her SLEEP in the crate at night.  Whining sucks, but so does a dog who can't take the pressure of being in too large of a space and starts to get destructive.  IT's going to be easier to do it now rather than later. 

Alice

Bish is very right.

Also, the surefire way to make sure a dog won't whine or bark in it's cage is to take a jar full of change and leave it where the dog can't see it from it's crate.  Then everytime she starts to bark or whine, you shake the jar of change.  They will soon learn that barking in their cage = scary noise that they can't see.  You just have to make sure you can't be seen by her when you do it.

I want to say that it was dazie that gave me this tip 2 years ago for Bruce & it worked like a charm.

Plus, it is better to deal with her whining as a puppy and fix it now, before you decide you have to crate her & your neighbors call complaining about the incessent barking when you are gone.

Did I spell incessent right?  I don't think I did, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

eo000

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 11, 2006, 08:34:17 PM

sigh

Seriously, dude, crate her.    Put the crate in your bedroom, cover it with a crappy blanket to make it dark, and put her in there.  Sit in the room with her and let her just get used to being in the crate.  Give her treats for going into the crate, feed her in the crate, and make her SLEEP in the crate at night.  Whining sucks, but so does a dog who can't take the pressure of being in too large of a space and starts to get destructive.  IT's going to be easier to do it now rather than later. 

i hear that works for kids too.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 12, 2006, 07:53:06 AM

sigh

Not as well as you might think.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

mike

I'll start on the crating sunday *nods*

gracias

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on May 12, 2006, 09:06:48 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 12, 2006, 07:53:06 AM

sigh

Not as well as you might think.

then your not using enough duct tape over their mouth.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"