News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Where are all of the movies at?

Started by Infobahn, April 23, 2006, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

Okay, through work, a software program was purchased for me that allows me to rip videos from DVDs to my computer (we are getting TV programs that our company was mentioned on (including 10mins that Cramer did on us on "Mad Money") that I create WMV files for our intranet.

I have a 2gb SD card, and ripped my DVD of "Office Space" into a file that I played on my Treo 700w.  I am playing with the file size now.

Now, I know about bit torrent and usenet.  I have never had much success with bit torrent, as everything takes a year to download.  I don't have Usenet access right now (I am "borrowing" a neighbors WiFi).

What is the best way to get TV content?  How do you get video?

I would like to get something to watch on my way back to Roanoke this Thursday.

BigDun

I got a box that sits on top of my Tivo that broadcasts the signal to any broadband enabled computer. I can be in a hotel room across the country and connect to it as long as the hotel has broadband. It comes with a software remote that allows me to control my Tivo as if I were at the TV (there is a bit of a time lag between hitting the buttons and the action taking place at home). It allows me and my wife to watch shows together even though we are in different cities.

It's called a Slingbox. Check it at their website http://www.slingmedia.com/

They even have a Java app that allows you to watch on your 3G video enabled cell phone (I think it currently works for Win CE devices).
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

I have seen that, and that is cool.  I don't have a Tivo, yet, but that is something I would consider.

I have a Palm Lifedrive, and a Treo 700w, so with the SD card, I can carry video - on a plane (motherfucking video on a plane!).

It takes an hour to rip a DVD into something I can watch.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Quote from: Infobahn on April 23, 2006, 09:00:07 PM
I have seen that, and that is cool.  I don't have a Tivo, yet, but that is something I would consider.

I have a Palm Lifedrive, and a Treo 700w, so with the SD card, I can carry video - on a plane (motherfucking video on a plane!).

It takes an hour to rip a DVD into something I can watch.

Then get a dual-processor machine with an awesome video card.