News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

PB&J

Started by Listener, February 10, 2006, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyhana

I didn't like asparagus or spinach when I was a child, because my mom always made the canned variety, and they're both fucking yucky.  I've come to accept asparagus on certain things, and I downright love raw spinach.

BigDun

My mother-in-law always cooks her asparagus until it is the consistency of canned mush. I always wonder if she thinks I under cook mine because it still has the texture of a plant.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on February 14, 2006, 01:30:21 PM
My mother-in-law always cooks her asparagus until it is the consistency of canned mush. I always wonder if she thinks I under cook mine because it still has the texture of a plant.

My mother-in-law recently had an exchange student from Germany staying with her.  She had two negative things to say about food in the USA:

1) we have cheese with EVERYTHING (My response: Yeah....so?  Cheese is delicious!)
2) We don't cook our vegetables until they're mush

cnamon

I like my veggies to have a bit of crisp to them.  Especially my green beans.  I steam them until they are a nice shade of green.  Mushy veggies are teh yuck.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: cnamon on February 14, 2006, 05:02:05 PM
I like my veggies to have a bit of crisp to them.  Especially my green beans.  I steam them until they are a nice shade of green.  Mushy veggies are teh yuck.
One of the biggest rifts in my marriage - Grumpus likes canned green beans.  Brownish, mushy, canned.  It baffles me.

Jessie

My mom cooks her green beans down all the way, puts more water in and does it again.

Sucks every nutrient and vitamin right out of them, but damn they taste good.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.