News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Running with Scissors

Started by Jessie, March 03, 2007, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

It was good, I liked it.

The kid who plays Augusten reminded me so much of ignom that it was disturbing, though.  They could be brothers.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

eo000

i've had this movie sitting in my bag since wednesday. gonna try to watch it this weekend.

nishi

i just saw this last night and i'm trying to decide why i didn't love it, given how good the acting was across the board. i liked it a lot, but i didn't love it.

i wonder if maybe the director was stuck having to walk an odd line - this is autobiography, and yet what is being described is so impossible that if it was in a regular fiction movie, it would be something like The Royal Tannenbaums. or worse. so there's a big element of "really not funny" in things that, in another movie, like Tannenbaums, would actually be funny. plus, it was directed in a style not unlike Tannenbaums.

and then, when the horrific things are clearly true, the director has to make sure that the movie is about more than being shocked and horrified on burroughs' behalf.

jill clayburgh was terrific.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.