News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Muppets

Started by dazie, October 23, 2005, 02:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I :heart: The Muppet Show.  THANK YOU NETFLIX!

I ordered 4 disks of the Muppets and have so far gotten the first one.  (I have them interspersed with Firefly and Northern Exposure)  The first disk has Jim Nabors, Joel Grey, Rita Moreno, Juliet Prowse, Ruth Buzzy and Connie Stevens

Anyway- the kids had never seen the Muppets except for some movies.  Ursus and I were singing along and laughing and snorting to the point where we both had to stop trying to eat and/or drink until the breaks.  By the end of the disk the kids were rolling too. 

Why isn't there stuff like that on TV nowadays?? 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Because that generation of kids grew up with short attention spans, which were then passed on to their offspring but much worse.

DRAGONBALL Z TO THE EXTREME

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Margaret Cho once went to a sex club where she experienced fisting for the first time. She described the experience with, "This is what a muppet feels like!"

dazie

Quote from: Beef on October 23, 2005, 02:14:44 PM
Because that generation of kids grew up with short attention spans, which were then passed on to their offspring but much worse.

DRAGONBALL Z TO THE EXTREME

:-X

Beefy

Or maybe because it's pointless to pour money into shows like The Muppets or Sesame Streets when kids won't watch them anymore.

Would Sesame Street even still exist if it wasn't on PBS?  Doubtful.

dazie

Quote from: Beef on October 23, 2005, 02:18:23 PM
Or maybe because it's pointless to pour money into shows like The Muppets or Sesame Streets when kids won't watch them anymore.

Would Sesame Street even still exist if it wasn't on PBS?  Doubtful.

I dunno.  I think it'd still go over well if it was done well.  Kids want to be entertained- they're not particularly picky about HOW.  I know my two would watch it instead of the (for example) craptacular cartoons that are available now.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on October 23, 2005, 02:14:52 PM
Margaret Cho once went to a sex club where she experienced fisting for the first time. She described the experience with, "This is what a muppet feels like!"

Ahhh, Muppets and graphic extreme sex in the same thread.  I just love the family quality entertainment we have here.  ;D

Gamplayerx

I was a big fan of The Muppet Show.

ReBurn

I am a big fan of The Muppet Show.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

ignom

There was a TV show?
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on October 23, 2005, 02:14:52 PM

Eegh.  That is NOT an image I needed.

vampirepenguin

I loved the muppets show.. nothing beats "Piiiiiiigs in Spaaaaaaaaace"
full of mulatto goodness since 1979!