News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

You know what it sad?

Started by cnamon, October 19, 2005, 11:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

Seeing an actor that was in a great show that got cancelled in a commercial.

The dad on Dead Like Me was a "doctor" in one of those heartburn medication commercial. 

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ReBurn

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

Quote from: ignom on October 19, 2005, 11:20:52 AM
Mandy Patinkin
No...he is on some CBS show.  I am talking about the guy that played George's dad.

ignom

I've never seen Dead Like Me. I thought I saw Mandy Patinkin doing commercials for some drug.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

vampirepenguin

Mandy did a commerical for some chloresterol drug..  Dead like me was kick ass.. why is it all the best shows get cancelled?
full of mulatto goodness since 1979!

ReBurn

Quote from: vampirepenguin on October 19, 2005, 11:35:10 AM
Mandy did a commerical for some chloresterol drug..  Dead like me was kick ass.. why is it all the best shows get cancelled?
Ask Fonzy.

HELIX

I just saw Dan Marino on a Papa John's commercial.  There's a great athlete now begging to stay in the spotlight by doing commercials.  Either that or he has run out of $$$.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Listener

Quote from: HELIX on October 19, 2005, 05:58:13 PM
I just saw Dan Marino on a Papa John's commercial.  There's a great athlete now begging to stay in the spotlight by doing commercials.  Either that or he has run out of $$$.

Well, he has five kids, one of whom is learning-disabled.  Sending five kids to private school ain't cheap.  Nor is a big-enough house, all the stuff the kids want, and so on.  His CBS paycheck probably doesn't cover all that.

Although he does partly-own a car dealership, I think.

Maybe Papa Johns just offered him enough money and little enough to actually do to act out the ad.

HELIX

Private school???  He should save money and put them in the wondeful public schools that Florida has.  ::)
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on October 19, 2005, 06:45:47 PM
Quote from: HELIX on October 19, 2005, 05:58:13 PM

Well, he has five kids, one of whom is learning-disabled.  Sending five kids to private school ain't cheap.  Nor is a big-enough house, all the stuff the kids want, and so on.  His CBS paycheck probably doesn't cover all that.

Although he does partly-own a car dealership, I think.

Maybe Papa Johns just offered him enough money and little enough to actually do to act out the ad.

Well he hasn't had his Isotoner Money rolling in for years now.  He will back just about anything decent though.

In fairness, he does A LOT of charity work.  Since he retired, he spends about 4 days a week doing charity stuff, usually at or involving hospitals.

HELIX

I always thought of him as a class act.  Just odd to see him doing a commercial for Papa John.

ReBurn

Quote from: HELIX on October 20, 2005, 02:46:49 PM
I always thought of him as a class act.  Just odd to see him doing a commercial for Papa John.
Well, that is some mighty fine pizza.

Jessie

Quote from: RopeBurn on October 24, 2005, 08:10:15 AM
Quote from: HELIX on October 20, 2005, 02:46:49 PM
Well, that is some mighty fine pizza.
Mmm, pizza.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.