News:

9/7/05- 6 months! How the heck did we miss that date?? And you didn't even remember to get me a gift!

Main Menu

Potato skin

Started by ignom, March 17, 2005, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

Do you eat the skin on your potato, or just the inside? I eat it sometimes, depending on well, I don't know why really.

I like mashed potatoes with the skins in it.

I'm having a potato for lunch, btw.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

I just like the skin part.  Filled with cheese and bacon and scallions.

eo000

I eat the whole thing, skin and all.

Dry then Catch

i like them but my mom always said they were "dirty".  i guess she didn't trust the swarthy irish that handled them.

Jessie

I like the skins in mashed potatoes at restaurants, but I never cook them that way.

I like skins on potato wedges.

I don't like baked potato skin, though my mom says that's where all the vitamins are.  It tastes like dirt.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

When I make mashed potatoes, I usually use red potatoes, and I always leave the skin on.

ignom

I guess I should say that I fix them that way because I'm too lazy to peel them.

DownSouth

I only eat the inside.  I don't even like the skins at restaurants with all the yummy cheese and sour cream.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

charmed

I don't eat the skins.

Jessie

I really only like one kind of skin.

Infobahn

Quote from: jessie on March 17, 2005, 02:03:37 PM
I really only like one kind of skin.

Obscure Jody Foster Movie References for $1000 Alex!

BigDun

I make twice baked potatoes and the skins are the best part. You scoop the inside out of the baked potato and then brush the outside of the skin with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and broil until they are crispy. Then refill the skins with the potato filling (I do lots of special stuff to the filling too) and bake again. The skin has salty, crispy goodness baked right in.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

I am making mashed potatoes tonight.  I always leave the skin on.  It is yummy.

Gamplayerx

Silence of the Lambs is obscure?

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on March 17, 2005, 03:00:29 PM
I make twice baked potatoes and the skins are the best part. You scoop the inside out of the baked potato and then brush the outside of the skin with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and broil until they are crispy. Then refill the skins with the potato filling (I do lots of special stuff to the filling too) and bake again. The skin has salty, crispy goodness baked right in.

That sounds good.

I like my baked potatoes to be coated in oil so the skin is crispy, even when I don't eat it.  Somehow it makes the whole thing taste better.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 17, 2005, 03:02:19 PM
Silence of the Lambs is obscure?

Shh, let me feel like Beef and Bish for just a minute.

Gamplayerx

What the hell picture did you post there, jessie?  Is that from some obscure movie or something?  That guy looks kind of mean. 

ignom

This thread is about potatoes, not lamb. If you want, I can start a thread about the best ways to prepare lamb.

Beefy

It eats the taters with their skins or else it gets the hose again.

Infobahn

The movie is not obscure, but the reference to the movie (and how it applies to the thread) is.  Did you know what movie that picture was from?

BTW, it was a joke.