News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

The Ghost and the Darkness

Started by dazie, September 17, 2006, 04:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

This recent news article: http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=scienceNews&storyID=2006-09-15T225701Z_01_N152213_RTRUKOC_0_US-ENVIRONMENT-LIONS.xml

wow.  Long link...

Anyway- that recent news article made me think of the movie that starred Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas.  I showed it at my theatres and was always stunned at how many stupid people brought their little kids to see it.  I could hear them screaming over the roars of the lions.

Good movie though, and I think I'm going to netflix it.

That is all.  I just got tired of seeing no new posts.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

I haven't seen it since the theater, but I remember being underwhelmed, and having a huge WTF at the pointless CG smoke coming from the train.

dazie

I guess actual smoke wasn't fancy enough.

Gamplayerx

Your story link doesn't work anymore (yeah, I a bit behind in my unread threads), so I just imdb'd the movie which I never saw. 

QuoteSet in 1898, this movie is based on the true story of two lions in Africa that killed 130 people over a nine month period

WTF?  They had man eating lions on the loose back then??

dazie

CGI ones.  Like the smoke.

Good movie.

Gamplayerx

Man, for all the advanced computer graphics they had back in the late 1800s, you'd think they could stop a couple of lions.

Jessie

The only thing better than reviving a random thread from the past is reviving a random thread from the past about a random movie from the past.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Hey guys, instead of generating real smoke, which is pretty damn cheap and easy to do, let's spend a ton of money generating CGI smoke for no good reason!

Whoever made that creative choice is now flipping burgers, mark my words.

Jessie

You really took that smoke personally, huh?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on May 23, 2007, 07:26:03 AM
You really took that smoke personally, huh?

It was really stupid.  Perhaps if the movie had been better it would have been overshadowed, but since it wasn't, all I associate with that film is the stupid smoke.

BigDun

There was smoke in that film? Gee, I liked the film and have no memory of any smoke.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on May 23, 2007, 07:33:30 AM
There was smoke in that film? Gee, I liked the film and have no memory of any smoke.

All the better reason that guy is flipping burgers now.  If you can't remember seeing the multi-million dollar smoke then that guy failed.

Alice

They have a whole display at the Field Museum in Chicago about the Ghost in the Darkness.  Not the movie, but the situation.