News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

The Number 23

Started by swolt, February 24, 2007, 09:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/reviews/2007/number23.html

That review sums up the movie very nicely. It does have some spoilers though.

The Number 23 could have been good, and I wanted it to be good, and Jim Carrey and Virginia Madsen are both outstanding, but the movie just sucked. I walked out thinking "they almost got it right."

I would recommend waiting until it comes out on TV. Don't waste your money.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

When I saw the first trailer, I thought it looked kinda dumb.  Then everyone kept saying how much they wanted to see it, and I got kinda sucked in to it all.  Now that you are agreeing with Christianity Today, I have to rethink my stance.

I liked the part where they said he was headed down a 'park path to murder'.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Yeah, they dumbed it down for the masses.  I was disappointed.

dazie

I've seen the trailer about 84739 times at work.  Usually I can't hear it because it's too noisy in the lobby.

I still don't quite get what the deal is, but I am SO not interested in seeing it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

The number 23 is a huge number in groups of people.  Typically is "the" number for the Illuminati.  It's also a big number for discordians - though they've whittled it down to 5 (2+3 is 5).  I've played the 23 game with my best friend for years... so I was excited to see the movie.  However, the only interesting shit about the number was during the opening credits. 

eo000

it wasn't flat out horrible, but it wasn't very good.

reno was amazing though.

BigDun

My, aren't your reviews getting a little wordy?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

eo000

Quote from: BigDun on February 24, 2007, 11:56:19 PM
My, aren't your reviews getting a little wordy?

haha, my bad.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on February 24, 2007, 01:21:53 PM
The number 23 is a huge number in groups of people.  Typically is "the" number for the Illuminati.  It's also a big number for discordians - though they've whittled it down to 5 (2+3 is 5).  I've played the 23 game with my best friend for years... so I was excited to see the movie.  However, the only interesting shit about the number was during the opening credits. 

What's the 23 game?  How does that work and what is the point?

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on February 25, 2007, 02:33:39 PM
Quote from: Alice on February 24, 2007, 01:21:53 PM

What's the 23 game?  How does that work and what is the point?
Finding important dates, or series of numbers around you - doing math to make them equal 23.

There really is no point.

Jessie

I just watched it.  Not spectaculary good or bad.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.