News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

They just had to include a picture

Started by Beefy, October 03, 2006, 11:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Dry then Catch

it makes me sad to think of all the animal abuse (and human) that goes unreported

Bishamonten

Mr. Ubiquity

i didnt look.  Personally i abhor animal abuse of any sort ( human abuse of age 18 or over, completely different) but its a media thing.

its all about drumming up emotion, building and gaining ratings, going farther than your competator, etc.  onn yeah.. and a small fraction to show you the immoral detestability the human soul or lack there of will go to for attention, fun, boredom, whatever

if a chubby overweight not so cute Natalie disappeared in Arruba, would the media have cared.  no
if a chubby overweight not so cute Lacie was murdered, would the media have cared, no.

the media only cares when it can stir up your emotions for their ratings.  Same about the *war* in Iraq, everytime a soul dies, they have to make a media spectacle of it.  They died, hopefully with a shred of dignity, let the familys mourn.  Stop numbing us to the typical and daily tragedies of life.  We will soon ot care when somethign happens to someone.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on October 04, 2006, 11:13:27 AM
i didnt look.  Personally i abhor animal abuse of any sort ( human abuse of age 18 or over, completely different) but its a media thing.

its all about drumming up emotion, building and gaining ratings, going farther than your competator, etc.  onn yeah.. and a small fraction to show you the immoral detestability the human soul or lack there of will go to for attention, fun, boredom, whatever

if a chubby overweight not so cute Natalie disappeared in Arruba, would the media have cared.  no
if a chubby overweight not so cute Lacie was murdered, would the media have cared, no.

the media only cares when it can stir up your emotions for their ratings.  Same about the *war* in Iraq, everytime a soul dies, they have to make a media spectacle of it.  They died, hopefully with a shred of dignity, let the familys mourn.  Stop numbing us to the typical and daily tragedies of life.  We will soon ot care when somethign happens to someone.

Natalie is the new Jon-Benet, and that is so fetch.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on October 04, 2006, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on October 04, 2006, 11:13:27 AM

Natalie is the new Jon-Benet, and that is so fetch.

anymore i think thats why i dont watch hardly any tv.  and if i do its a movie of my netflix choice  ( dont even start Dazie)  Atleast that way i am choosing to s certain degree what bullshit i want to deal with rather than having it crammed down my throat and burned into my retinas.  Considering this is now voting lets slam the other guy but not acknowledge that we;ve ever dont any good.  Im missing NOTHING.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bishamonten

If someone had done this to Falstaff it would have taken an act of god to stop me from killing that man...

meredith

more people euthanised, fewer animals.

Beefy

The description of how it went down... I hope they Miike that guy.

(Yes, after watching Imprint it's a verb now.)

Mr. Ubiquity

Sadly, the boxer died. Gowans says most of the people who witnessed the incident are Spanish Speaking people. Therefore, language is a barrier.

Gowans said, "It's hard to say if it was intentional in placing the puppy in the grill. We've gotten conflicting reports as to if it was intentional or an accident."

Well hell, with that statement alone, whos to say the puppy wasnt bound for someones dinner plate?   
Im sorry officer.  i was cookin burgers and i had just finished when i was about to close up the grill, then all of a sudden a heard a thump and the grill closed. so i just walked away.

Call me whatever you want to call me.  But when someone comes to this country for whatever reason they do so, if they have the means to make it here they damn well have the means to learn our language.  Stating language is a barrier is assinine, as its only a barrier when THEY choose not to communicate.  If i go to a foreign non english speaking country, im expected to learn or make the attempts to learn the language.