The Fountain has a Website

Started by Beef, August 04, 2005, 06:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

Does it do anything besides move around and play background music? I eventually just went to imdb to find out what it was.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

And an interesting one it is, too.  I think I'll download the screensaver.

It feels weird not being alice in here.

ursus

It's satellite imaging taken over Arakeen.
I was just wondering...

Bishamonten

No movie can capture Ayn Rand's self righteousness!

ursus

I was just wondering...

Bishamonten

Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on August 04, 2005, 09:02:03 AM
???

Whoops, I'm thinking of the Fountainhead. 

... not that my comment doesn't still stand.

ursus

Quote from: Bishamonten on August 04, 2005, 09:04:36 AM
Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on August 04, 2005, 09:02:03 AM
???

Whoops, I'm thinking of the Fountainhead.

... not that my comment doesn't still stand.
Now dammit, Ayn Rand is go....wait.

Ayn Rand is a Godde....nope.

Ayn Rand is...

nevermind.
I was just wondering...

Dry then Catch

BUMP

did you get to see this yet Beefy?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Mine are less than charitable, though I don't want to be accused of "not getting it"

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 11, 2006, 01:26:20 PM
BUMP

did you get to see this yet Beefy?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Mine are less than charitable, though I don't want to be accused of "not getting it"

Yes, and I adored it.  It wasn't perfect but it was unique and passionate.

Beefy

I also bought the soundtrack CD.  I thought the music, which was a collaboration between Clint Mansell, the Kronos Quartet, and Mogwai, was really powerful.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beefy on December 11, 2006, 02:45:02 PM
BUMP

I appreciate the beauty of the method and it was shot.   The many symbolic layers denoting love, devotion and the cycle of loss.  But it did seem quite a dose of style over substance.  I wasn't exactly looking for a Will Smith action with a kinetic plot, but this seemed more like a poem come to life. 

Is it just me or did Wolverine look like Howie Mandel doing tai-chi. 

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 11, 2006, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: Beefy on December 11, 2006, 02:45:02 PM
BUMP

I appreciate the beauty of the method and it was shot.   The many symbolic layers denoting love, devotion and the cycle of loss.  But it did seem quite a dose of style over substance.  I wasn't exactly looking for a Will Smith action with a kinetic plot, but this seemed more like a poem come to life. 

Is it just me or did Wolverine look like Howie Mandel doing tai-chi. 

It was very much like a poem come to life, but I don't see that as a bad thing.  It wasn't about telling narrative, it was about emotions and thoughts and ideas.  It was about accepting death as a part of life.

I thought Jackman was terrific.  The finest acting he's gotten to do on screen.  I'm glad it wasn't Pitt.

Beefy

ZOMG!

It's been about six months since I've seen it and I think it still stands as my favorite film of 2006.

And it's out on DVD on Tuesday!

I don't recommend it to everyone, but read what I wrote about it upthread - if you like romance, adventurous filmmaking, and/or gorgeous visuals, then I'd suggest giving it a try.  If you're turned off by non-traditional narratives, then you may want to steer clear.

Nishi, I implore you to rent this.  Alice and Jess may want to give it a try, too.  Even if you don't end up liking it, it is a film that demands to be discussed.  I think Catchr will back me up on that much. 

I so can't wait to watch it again on Tuesday.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on May 13, 2007, 07:37:49 PM
ZOMG!

It's been about six months since I've seen it and I think it still stands as my favorite film of 2006.

I don't recommend it to everyone, but read what I wrote about it upthread - if you like romance, adventurous filmmaking, and/or gorgeous visuals, then I'd suggest giving it a try.  If you're turned off by non-traditional narratives, then you may want to steer clear.

Nishi, I implore you to rent this.  Alice and Jess may want to give it a try, too.  Even if you don't end up liking it, it is a film that demands to be discussed.  I think Catchr will back me up on that much. 

Tuesday is also Pan's Labyrinth!!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on May 13, 2007, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 13, 2007, 07:37:49 PM
ZOMG!

Tuesday is also Pan's Labyrinth!!

Yeah, I know.  Good day for DVDs.   :)

Beefy

I'd just like to say that I watched this for the second time on Tuesday night and it was just as amazingly powerful and poetic as it was the first time.  There just isn't another film like it (that I know of).

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on May 17, 2007, 09:53:59 AM
I'd just like to say that I watched this for the second time on Tuesday night and it was just as amazingly powerful and poetic as it was the first time.  There just isn't another film like it (that I know of).

Iron Eagle?

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 17, 2007, 10:53:59 AM
Quote from: Beefy on May 17, 2007, 09:53:59 AM

Iron Eagle?

Very close.  Any movie with Shawnee Smith in it...