News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Kickass Bluegrass

Started by dazie, November 19, 2005, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

woop! With the gas can bass still ringing in her ears SHE POSTS!

I totally owe Beatle919 AND HER FIANCE Sean.  (congrats on the engagement!)  They convinced me to go to the show tonight and what an awesome AWESOME set of bands. I did miss the Dewayn Bros, but White Ghost Shivers and Split Lip Rayfield were faaantastic.

Holy crap.  WGS is a group from Austin, a cross between the Blues Brothers and a 1920's honkytonk band, complete with banjo, torch singer and accordion.  Split Lip Rayfield is a local Kansas trio that has been described as Hillbilly hardcore, post-punk progressive bluegrass, and Appalachian Black Sabbath.  KICK.  ASS.  (gotta love a group that uses a one string bass fashioned from an old car gas tank and weed whacker filament)

Dear Santa;
I've been good. I didn't take the beer from the scary old drunk guy and I resisted the temptation to play grab ass with the college boys. May I please have some kickass bluegrass for Christmas?

XOXO,
Dazie.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on November 19, 2005, 12:08:17 PM
No, I just love Bluegrass.

Oh.  Then I highly recommend listening to either of those bands, plus the Dewayn Brothers.  Good stuff.

dazie

Tell you both what- you come out here for New Year's and I'll get us all tickets to the show.   ;D

dazie

I think I gave myself whiplash.  My neck is KILLING me.   :-\

beatle919

Dazie, we were glad you enjoyed the show!  You recovered from your whiplash?  Fortunately, mine only lasted a day and a half...but, I guess mine wasn't whiplash...so much as crampage from not being able to hold my head up straight (not that I was trashed or anything...).

I'm totally groovin' on WGS!  That was my first time hearing them...and the rawcked!  Of course, I already knew SLR could bring down a house...

Oh boy...the word fiance still makes me giddy! 

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
~A woman is like a tea bag.  You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water.   Eleanor Roosevelt

ReBurn

So now that they're engaged does Sean keep her in a pit?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!