News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Flightplan

Started by Listener, September 25, 2005, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Not bad.  Not great, but not bad.

Did not accurately portray just how many people are crammed into airplanes, nor how small the aisles or seats are.  And I've never been on a 747 -- the plane in Flightplan was fictional, but along the lines of a 747 or the new huge-ass Airbus -- but even on a huge plane the galleys cannot possibly be that big.  They'd give up the space so they could have another row of seats.  Of this I am certain.

Did not expect the twist, which, after it happened, almost got a little too contrived.  Also, there was one scene at the end -- the part with the fire trucks (that's as accurate as I can get without spoilers) -- that I didn't believe was playing out the way it was.

The whole "Arab non-terrorist" angle was extremely forced.

A few things were not accurately explained.

The beginning, though, where they shifted between points in time, was really well-done.  I think the movie should've had more of that.

$6.50/$10.00

Beefy

I'll watch it eventually, but I can't shake the feeling that Jodie Foster is treading water for the first time in her career.

Listener

Quote from: Beef on September 26, 2005, 02:33:59 PM
I'll watch it eventually, but I can't shake the feeling that Jodie Foster is treading water for the first time in her career.

Dunno.  She did an okay job.  I had no problems with her character or her acting.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on September 26, 2005, 02:39:14 PM
Quote from: Beef on September 26, 2005, 02:33:59 PM

Dunno.  She did an okay job.  I had no problems with her character or her acting.

I meant careerwise.  It used to be every time she chose a project it was an event of some fashion.  This is just generic action thriller, the kind of thing that put the nails in many a career.