News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

Kitchen Confidential

Started by ignom, September 19, 2005, 11:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

http://www.fox.com/kitchen/

Does this show have potential, or is it going to just bastardize Anthony Bourdain's book?
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Alice

It has Nicholas Brendan in it, so I don't care if it is good or not.  I'll still watch it. 

Bishamonten

Quote from: AliceLiddell on September 19, 2005, 11:08:23 AM
It has Nicholas Brendan in it, so I don't care if it is good or not.  I'll still watch it. 

Also Bradley Cooper, who played Will Tippin on Alias.  He was actually pretty good, before that show went to shit.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on September 19, 2005, 11:52:40 AM
Quote from: AliceLiddell on September 19, 2005, 11:08:23 AM

Also Bradley Cooper, who played Will Tippin on Alias.  He was actually pretty good, before that show went to shit.
I never got into Alias.  Jennifer Garner always has creeped me out a bit.

vampirepenguin

Alias is good. Jennifer Garner is good. Kitchen Confidential is bad. That is all.
full of mulatto goodness since 1979!

Bishamonten

Quote from: vampirepenguin on September 19, 2005, 11:56:14 AM
Alias is good. Jennifer Garner is good. Kitchen Confidential is bad. That is all.

Alias was good.  It's not any more.  It has absolutely no balls and no story.  They're picking storylines from a freaking hat now.  To make matters worse their just wasting talent.  People like Ron Rifkin and Victor Garber and brilliant onscreen and they're wasted.  Every 'giant problem' just seemed a way to explore Sydney and Vaughns relationship.  The only interesting people were the assassin's from the "suburb" training community and the story line was resolved in 8 minutes( I counted ) when it could have given a good three or four episode arc.  And now Vaughn's supposed to die only to be brought back to life. 

ignom

I only ever saw part of the first episode of Alias.

Kitchen Confidential was stupid.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.