News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

I can't wait for September 13th

Started by Beef, August 30, 2005, 11:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Gamplayerx

Are these future CD releases?  Or do you have a very busy schedule ahead?

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 30, 2005, 11:25:47 AM
Are these future CD releases?  Or do you have a very busy schedule ahead?

I actually play the kazoo on all of those albums.

Number 6

i heard a track off the new Super Furry Animals album....and it was super good

Sigur Ros can do nothing wrong....i will be seeing them on October 1st in Oakland.....it'll be great to hear new material live

i'm glad to see The Dandy Warhols back....and i'm sure just like Brian Jonestown Massacre they will now make a killing in America

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 12:03:52 PM

Sigur Ros can do nothing wrong....i will be seeing them on October 1st in Oakland.....it'll be great to hear new material live

i'm glad to see The Dandy Warhols back....and i'm sure just like Brian Jonestown Massacre they will now make a killing in America

* Beefy runs to check Sigur Ros tour dates (one of the best concerts I have ever seen)

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: Number 6 on August 30, 2005, 12:03:52 PM

* Beefy runs to check Sigur Ros tour dates (one of the best concerts I have ever seen)

Damn it.   >:(

ReBurn

September 13th is my dad's birthday.  I'm so happy that Beefy remembered!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Number 6

i'm pretty sure that they are doing a more extensive tour later next year

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurninator on August 30, 2005, 12:37:16 PM
September 13th is my dad's birthday.  I'm so happy that Beefy remembered!
September 13th is my quarter year birthday.  I should do a song request thread.

Beefy

Well now, look what day it is.  And something else gets released today as well:

There goes my evening.  ;D

ignom

I've heard the first single off Life in Slow Motion, it's not as great as his older stuff, but it's growing on me. Haven't heard the rest of the album.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

The Dandy Warhols disc pretty much sucks.

Sigur Ros let go of the epic sweep of the last two albums but they're still Sigur Ros.

I haven't listened to David Gray yet and they didn't have the Super Furry Animals disc.

Number 6

Quote from: Beefy on September 13, 2005, 07:16:25 PM
The Dandy Warhols disc pretty much sucks.

really?....i was honestly wxpecting alot out of this album

Quote from: Beefy on September 13, 2005, 07:16:25 PM
Sigur Ros let go of the epic sweep of the last two albums but they're still Sigur Ros.

this album is as beautiful as anything they have put out before....although i agree it is not as 'epic'....Sigur Ros is slowing becoming one of my all time favorite bands

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on September 14, 2005, 12:00:03 PM
really?....i was honestly wxpecting alot out of this album

It's the exact oppposite.  Either they were too drug addled to make a good album, can't be relied upon to make good albums with no outside help, or this is one big F.U. to the label.  I have the feeling it's the latter, which pisses me off, since it's a big F.U. to the fans as well.

It sounds like a collegiate Dandy cover band.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on September 13, 2005, 11:31:12 AM
I've heard the first single off Life in Slow Motion, it's not as great as his older stuff, but it's growing on me. Haven't heard the rest of the album.

The new album is far more polished than previous efforts.  It's like a hard push towards Adult Contemporary.  It kind of smothers the intimacy of his songwriting.  It's not bad, but it takes some getting used to.

I've put six of his songs, off three of his albums, in the Dump.  If you're not familiar with his work, and can deal with something a bit more laid back, I recommend giving it a listen to.

ignom

ignom