News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

The Woodsman

Started by Bishamonten, August 29, 2005, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Kevin Bacon plays a man just recently released from prison for child molestation.  The film turns out some pretty good performances from Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick, Mos Def, Benjamin Bratt, and David Allen Grier.  It's difficult to watch at times as you are often repulsed by some of Bacon's actions, but worth the rental fee( especially if you have netflix )

Beefy

I'll add it to my queue.  It's been too long since Bacon did some top notch work.

Alice

I've been eyeing this on the shelves for some time now - I'll pick this one up too.  (Probably won't watch this and The Machinist in the same night though...)

Number 6

Quote from: Beefy on August 29, 2005, 10:43:13 AM
I'll add it to my queue.  It's been too long since Bacon did some top notch work.

i would not suggest this then

personally i felt this film was very lacking

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Number 6 on September 01, 2005, 01:00:40 PM

I liked it, but it wasnt fantastic.

I didnt go for the whole,  im a child molester repairing my life and since i stopped a nother molester that the world will accept me again thing..
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Bishamonten

Quote from: Marixis on September 07, 2005, 09:17:41 AM

I didnt go for the whole,  im a child molester repairing my life and since i stopped a nother molester that the world will accept me again thing..

I think they did a good job of showing that wasn't the case.  The scene with his sister goes a long way to proving that, in my opinion.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Bishamonten on September 07, 2005, 09:19:16 AM
Quote from: Marixis on September 07, 2005, 09:17:41 AM

I think they did a good job of showing that wasn't the case.  The scene with his sister goes a long way to proving that, in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, i did like the whole personable feel to the whole thing.  The interaction with all the characters was well written.  I just didnt care for the beat up the other molester thing.  ( granted, he couldnt report it to the police.  he would have probably gotten even worse treatment by the cops.

Over all, minues that little part the movie was very good.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

This movie made me very uncomfortable.  Which in this case, is actually a good thing.

meredith

subject made me think of

THE HUNTSMAN

Alice

meredith

you'll never stop me! ha!