News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Inglorious Bastards

Started by Beefy, August 06, 2008, 10:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

So Tarantino is finally manning up as a director.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Death Race Proof and both Kill Bills immensely, but that was Tarantino directly riffing on the styles of others.  He has really tried to make anything of his own since Jackie Brown.

Now, his long, long, LONG rumored re-imagining of the Italian spaghetti war flick Inglorious Bastards is finally moving forward.  I recently picked up the 3 disc set of the original film, but haven't had time to watch it yet.  On that set is a 40 minute discussion between Tarantino and the director of the original, where Tarantino discusses his love of the 70's film but that his version will not be a remake.  He is using it as inspiration to create something new and wholly his own, which is why it has taken so long for him to finish the script.  This is the biggest project in terms of scope that Tarantino has ever tackled.

Names have been thrown about for years concerning who would be involved with this - Pitt, DiCaprio, Sandler, etc.  But now they've officially actually cast someone in a role: Donnie Donowitz, the member of Aldo Raine's crew who lives to punish frail Nazi bodies with his signature baseball bat.  The actor: Eli Roth, writer and director of the Hostel films.  He also appeared as a bar patron in Tarantino's Death Proof.

Good for Roth, whose Hostel 2 was a surprisingly better film that people dismissed it as.  And good for Tarantino for having the courage to do something his own again.  I hope it rocks.

It'll probably be overlong by half an hour, though.

VikingJuice

QuoteNames have been thrown about for years concerning who would be involved with this - Pitt, DiCaprio, Sandler, etc.  But now they've officially actually cast someone in a role: Donnie Donowitz, the member of Aldo Raine's crew who lives to punish frail Nazi bodies with his signature baseball bat.  The actor: Eli Roth, writer and director of the Hostel films.  He also appeared as a bar patron in Tarantino's Death Proof.

Isn't he the guy who also did Cabin Fever as his debut?

Beefy

Quote from: VikingJuice on August 06, 2008, 05:33:14 PM
QuoteNames have been thrown about for years concerning who would be involved with this - Pitt, DiCaprio, Sandler, etc.  But now they've officially actually cast someone in a role: Donnie Donowitz, the member of Aldo Raine's crew who lives to punish frail Nazi bodies with his signature baseball bat.  The actor: Eli Roth, writer and director of the Hostel films.  He also appeared as a bar patron in Tarantino's Death Proof.

Same.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on August 06, 2008, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on August 06, 2008, 05:33:14 PM

Same.

They had him hosting a TV show on the top 40 (or so) most brutal horror movies and he came across like a real horror aficionado. Very funny too.

Gamplayerx

Tarentino is so odd looking. It's like someone was messing with the skew function on photoshop.

dots

Beefy, I am shocked at you.

WTF?  Death Race?  Seriously?

Go stand in the corner.

QT does have an...unusual look.

This move looks interesting.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Beefy

Quote from: dots on August 07, 2008, 12:08:48 PM
Beefy, I am shocked at you.

WTF?  Death Race?  Seriously?

Go stand in the corner.

No kidding.  This is what happens when I don't raceproofread.

Beefy

They got Pitt, and Simon Pegg, Nastassja Kinski, and David Krumholtz are all in talks.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117990231.html

eo000

Pegg is out.
QuoteSIMON'S BLOG: Bad news.

Much to our mutual disappointment, I won't be appearing in QT's forthcoming Inglorious Bastards due to insurmountable scheduling difficulties. We really tried to make it work but in the end, it just was not possible without severe ramifications elsewhere.

I'm trying to remain upbeat, as Tom Selleck said "Who the hell is Indiana Jones anyway?"

Sx

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=213643855&blogID=424688260

Beefy

And yet they got Mike Myers.  Bad form.