News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Wolverine

Started by swolt, May 06, 2009, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

I liked it. It was ok. I didn't have high hopes for it in the first place though.

How it could have been better:
[spoiler]There were way too many characters and many of them just got passed over. The Blob was always an interesting character but they just used him as a prop. I was very disappointed in Gambit. He is suppose to be from New Orleans and speak with a Cajun French accent, but the actor didn't even attempt a southern accent. It was bad, plus they jacked up his powers.
Having Cyclops in the movie was just retarded. Ok he was blind folded but you don't think anyone said anything about the dude that rescued them having metal claws, and maybe he would have remembered that when running into Wolverine in the future?
When I saw Ryan Reyonlds was in the movie I thought that could be entertaining, but both his characters (Wade and Deadpool) were retarded.
The fighting was pretty cool. [/spoiler]

I would recommend seeing it if you are bored. It is worth watching. I rate it somewhere between the first and third X-Men movies.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

Gambit sucks

/had to be said again

Jessie

How hot was Hugh Jackman in it?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

Agreed that Gambit's accent was missing.

Quote from: Jessie on May 06, 2009, 11:43:09 AM
How hot was Hugh Jackman in it?

Really hot.  You see a lot of his ass.

Jessie

Well, that's all I need to know!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on May 06, 2009, 11:33:08 AM
Gambit sucks

/had to be said again

In the movie or overall?

I of course loved Gambit because he was from here.

Infobahn

Ryan Reynolds was just signed for a X-men movie of his own.

ReBurn

I never really ever cared for Gambit as a character. I haven't seen this yet, but I will.

On a happier note, my employer is taking the whole company to see Star Trek at IMAX next Tuesday. Field Trip!!1!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: swolt on May 06, 2009, 12:06:23 PM
Gambit sucks

/had to be said again

In the movie or overall?

Period.

The whole purpose of having Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool was to spin the character off into his own film.  Worked real well for Reynolds with Blade 3, after all.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on May 06, 2009, 02:50:36 PM
Gambit sucks

/had to be said again

In the movie or overall?

Period.

The whole purpose of having Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool was to spin the character off into his own film.  Worked real well for Reynolds with Blade 3, after all.

[spoiler]They cut his head off, how is that going to work?[/spoiler]

meredith

Deadpool never addressed the camera (well, he wasn't able to speak at all) which was crap.  Isn't it practically a bullet point on his list of abilities, "Breaking the 4th wall"?

Beefy

Quote from: swolt on May 06, 2009, 03:22:43 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 06, 2009, 02:50:36 PM
Gambit sucks

/had to be said again

In the movie or overall?

Period.

[spoiler]They cut his head off, how is that going to work?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Prequels, I suppose.[/spoiler]

Beefy

Also, [spoiler]bone claws[/spoiler] was a suckass copout in the original comics that they should have known better than to include.

eo000

It was an enteraining movie, which I enjoyed.

swolt

Did anyone see that easter egg with deadpool at the end? I saw the one with Wolverine in Japan but nothing with deadpool