News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

The Oldies Station

Started by Beef, June 01, 2005, 03:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I grew up listening to the Oldies station because that is what my parents listened to.  I've been listening to it off and on for the past few days.  I noticed in an ad for themselves today that they state they play the best music from the 60's and 70's.  Um...

1. What about all of the Oldies that predate the 60's?

2. Music released when I was a child is now on the Oldies station.

:-\

cnamon

I guess they play music from the 60's and 70's because a good majority of their audience are baby boomers that grew up listening to it.

I think I listen to the oldies station more than most people my age.

Youphoric

I only listen to "Dancin Oldies"

Alice

Quote from: cnamon on June 01, 2005, 03:48:18 PM
I think I listen to the oldies station more than most people my age.

x2.

My goth friend Jaqui plays it all the time cuz she finds it funny that I can sing 90% of the songs.

ignom

Even the oldies stations here only play certain types of oldies, it's all Motown and Beach Boys.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on June 01, 2005, 03:52:43 PM
My goth friend Jaqui plays it all the time cuz she finds it funny that I can sing 90% of the songs.

cnamon

Holy shit they have that on DVD??!!?

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on June 01, 2005, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on June 01, 2005, 03:52:43 PM

I said Jaqui.  Not Jaquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

Jessie

I grew up listening to the oldies station too, and I still love it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Grumpus

Why do you build me up (build me up) Buttercup, baby Just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around And then worst of all (worst of all) you never call, baby When you say you will (say you will) but I love you still I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin' You know that I have from the start So build me up (build me up) Buttercup, don't break my heart

eo000

Gamplayerx

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 02, 2005, 06:33:45 AM
I love you, Grumpus!
I'd hope so.  Otherwise life would no longer make sense and this world would implode.

DownSouth

I heard Dr. Feelgood on the classic rock channel the other day.  I think I broke a hip getting out of the car.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on June 02, 2005, 08:35:52 AM
I heard Dr. Feelgood on the classic rock channel the other day.  I think I broke a hip getting out of the car.

Regardless of how old the tune may be, Dr. Feelgood should not be considered a classic.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on June 02, 2005, 08:47:16 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on June 02, 2005, 08:35:52 AM

Regardless of how old the tune may be, Dr. Feelgood should not be considered a classic.

I agree.

I heard REM on the classic rock station.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.