News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

The Haynesworth Stomp

Started by Beefy, October 02, 2006, 09:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I think I'm going to drop the Titans as my team to root for. That was despicable.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on October 02, 2006, 09:50:10 AM
I think I'm going to drop the Titans as my team to root for. That was despicable.

He seemed pretty unrepentant about it, too.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

I think he should be kicked out of the league, honestly.

eo000

60 stitches or something like that. truly a douche move.

cnamon

That is horrible.  He needs to be banned from ever playing football again.  That is a true act of douchebaggery.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on October 02, 2006, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Beefy on October 02, 2006, 09:51:34 AM

Not anymore...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/01/bc.fbn.titans.haynesworth.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

spin much?

Yeah, I read that earlier.  I'm sure he got the call from the lawyers and agents about .00003 seconds after he walked off the field to start acting remorseful.

Unfortunately for him, all that tantrum video immediately after the stomp was caught on video.

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on October 02, 2006, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Beefy on October 02, 2006, 09:51:34 AM

Not anymore...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/01/bc.fbn.titans.haynesworth.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

spin much?

He admitted all that yesterday in postgame but the fact remains, he DID embarrass his family and sully his name.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on October 02, 2006, 02:45:36 PM
Unfortunately for him, all that tantrum video immediately after the stomp was caught on video.

You don't say.

JJ

When I read Stomp I was expecting that charming fellow to be playing some "lowdown blues" music.

Instead, it is thuggery.

I...I'm going to be ill.

Listener

Alice

Listener

Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2006, 04:10:32 PM
THAT'S IT?!?!?!?  :o

Well, without pay, that adds up to... um... I don't know how much he makes per game, but at least a million, I bet.

How long would an assault in this vein land him in jail?  30 days?  That's about 5 games.

*shrug*

I'm sure he'll pull out the "anger management disorder" card any day now.

Beefy

Bennyhana

Quote from: Listener on October 02, 2006, 04:14:53 PM
Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2006, 04:10:32 PM
THAT'S IT?!?!?!?  :o

Well, without pay, that adds up to... um... I don't know how much he makes per game, but at least a million, I bet.

How long would an assault in this vein land him in jail?  30 days?  That's about 5 games.

*shrug*

I'm sure he'll pull out the "anger management disorder" card any day now.

If I stomped on someone's head at work, I'd be fired.  AND they'd give me a bad reference.  AND I'd go to JAIL for 30 days.

This thug got off easy.  They need to really bring the hammer down on guys like this so Football doesn't turn into Basketball.

Gamplayerx

Stomping on someone's head should definitely carry more than a 30 day sentence.

Alice

Stomping on someone's head, twice, with cleats on - should mean he doesn't get to play pro ball anymore.  I understand that these guys know they could get injured during a game, but this is absurd.  This could have killed him.

I'd understand having to deal with Urlacher's huge mass slamming me to the ground in a tackle.  However, I would not understand having to be put in serious danger because a spoiled player has a hissy fit.  He should be removed from football and be made an example of.  Period.

Infobahn

That is what the NFL doled out.  It might not be over with the Titans.

Then again, i would hate to be Mr. Stompypants when he gets back onto the field.

BigDun

I emailed my brother-in-law telling him that I could no longer be a Titan fan if Jeff Fisher doesn't kick him off the team.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2006, 05:04:31 PM
Stomping on someone's head, twice, with cleats on - should mean he doesn't get to play pro ball anymore.  I understand that these guys know they could get injured during a game, but this is absurd.  This could have killed him.

I'd understand having to deal with Urlacher's huge mass slamming me to the ground in a tackle.  However, I would not understand having to be put in serious danger because a spoiled player has a hissy fit.  He should be removed from football and be made an example of.  Period.

Yeah, that's the original word choice that bounced around your pervy little head.   :evil: